Aviation Product Manager
Have you ever considered the impact of human decision-making on the climate crisis? It seems obvious, and it's crucial! It is often overlooked, but improved human decision-making can create immediate and significant reductions in industry’s harmful GHG emissions. That's precisely the mission that Signol is on.
Signol is a behavioural science and data science software start-up at the beginning of its scaling journey, making this an incredibly exciting time to join us on our mission. Signol is currently working with major shipping and aviation customers to positively influence operator behaviour and thus deliver real and significant savings. But our mission does not end there, and Signol will also look to other sectors where it can make an impact through encouraging user behaviour change. Communication and user engagement are at the heart of our product and our philosophy.
Our first shipping project saved c.13,900 MTs CO2e in just 4 months, and in aviation we recently saved Virgin Atlantic over 6,000 MTs CO2e in 12 months. To date, Signol has saved our customers over 60,000 MTs of CO2e, 18,000 MTs of fuel, and over US$15 million in cost. Signol is delivering real world benefits today, and we are looking for passionate and motivated individuals to help us scale our impact, and grow our brand. At Signol, you’ll be working with a fantastic team; world-leading behavioural and data scientists, software developers, sales and operations leads. Every one of us is deeply committed to helping to resolve the climate crisis and building a company that is responsible, responsive, puts carbon reduction at its core and makes a significant impact on the decarbonization of our chosen industries.
We’re looking for a highly competent and driven individual with aviation operations experience to join our product team as an aviation product manager. This individual will have responsibility for the successful development and delivery of our aviation product; delivering ground breaking carbon savings to the shipping and sea transport industry. The aviation industry in particular is nuanced and challenging, and the individual in question will adopt the hugely rewarding role within the Signol product team of ensuring that Signol addresses the needs and problems of our aviation users as well as the commercial expectations of the aviation customers, and as such will be able to see their personal contribution to the reduction of CO2 emissions from air transport. As Aviation Product Manager, you will be in a position to use your own subject matter expertise to empathise with customers and users and quickly identify the problems that Signol can address through the delivery of our product and services.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Gain a deep understanding of aviation customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
- Work with the Chief Product Officer, translating business strategy, customer feedback and insight into product strategy
- Own and execute the aviation product roadmap, translating customer needs into high-level requirements and coordinating stakeholders to design and deliver innovative product experiments and features
- Work with the product team to prioritise activities based on business and customer impact, working closely with engineering teams to deliver with quick time-to-market and optimal resources
- Drive action throughout the organisation to get new customers onboarded and set up continuous feedback loops with users and customers
- Directly managing relationships with both our aviation customers at the business and operations level, and with our end users on ships.
- Ensuring the highest level of governance across all programmes to reduce any risk to Signol and its customers.
- Provide insight to stakeholders on the product and market
- Provide product marketing with insights on key differentiators and messages
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding across the organisation and beyond
- Producing professional correspondence, preparing presentations, managing the contract documents and performance data.
Essential skills and experience:
- Experience and expertise in airline operations gained through roles as pilot, dispatch, flight planner, or airline flight ops
- Innate curiosity across the full product life cycle and a passion for solving user and customer problems
- Familiarity of aviation data as well as 3rd party aviation data available on the market
- Organised and highly motivated
- Excellent business communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up sleeves to get the job done
- Able to manage and prioritise a varied workload
Desirable skills (or a keen interest in learning):
- Able to detect insights and patterns in data using excel, python or other data analytics tools
- Experience in translating feedback (qualitative and quantitative) into clear requirements documentation in software development
- Experience in delivering software using agile methodologies or frameworks
What we can offer you:
- An exciting and purposeful role at the very heart of the action - helping our B2B clients to decarbonize and to bridge the energy transition gap;
- An amazing opportunity to develop your career in a fast growing clean-tech startup, and to be at the core of the energy transition;
- Annual salary commensurate with experience & Signol’s development stage;
- Equity in the company accessed through an attractive share options scheme;
- 25 days annual leave, plus a minimum of 8 public holidays;
- Your Birthday off (just because we like you!);
- Office closed over the Christmas week;
- Private health insurance;
- Flexible working: London Soho office based with option for remote working;
- Other statutory benefits, such as access to an accredited pension.
- Please note: only applicants who submit a cover letter and CV will be considered.