Mynd is a full-stack tech-enabled real estate management company serving the $86-billion-plus rental (SFR) sector. Headquartered in Oakland, Calif., Mynd was named the #1 fastest-growing private company in the Bay Area by the San Francisco Business Times in 2020. Beyond just property management, Mynd also helps both retail and institutional investors with buying and selling, financing, insurance, and more. Leveraging its proprietary technology and real time data, Mynd enables efficient operations at scale and has allowed for rapid market expansion into 24 markets. With 7000 units under management, Mynd is the first prop tech company of its kind to unlock the potential of a PMaaS architecture which combines technology and expert teams to deliver best-in-class services for investors. Mynd has a mission to create happy homes and healthy investments.
We’re always on the lookout for top talent. Mynd is not only made up of real estate professionals but also skilled individuals across a wide variety of industries — there is no ideal employee profile other than having a passion for active problem-solving and an impeccable work ethic. We seek those ready to hit the ground running, and those who want to join a team driven by data and by great customer experience.
The Cash Accountant will report to the Property Accounting Manager and will work closely with various teams across the company. To be successful in this role, you must have a strong knowledge of accounting and the ability to operate effectively in a rapidly scaling, dynamic environment. You should have the ability to interact effectively with cross-functional teams. We are looking for someone who has excellent problem-solving skills and enjoys working in a challenging and fast-paced environment to support our continued success and growth.
- Perform daily, monthly, and yearly reconciliations of cash transactions, ensuring accuracy and identifying discrepancies
- Investigate and resolve any discrepancies in a timely manner
- Monitor daily cash balances and transactions to ensure sufficient funds are available to cover operational expenses
- Assist in optimizing cash flow management
- Prepare and post journal entries related to cash transactions, ensuring accurate and up-to-date general ledger records
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports related to cash transactions, including cash flow statements and other relevant financial statements
- Ensure compliance with accounting standards, company policies, and relevant financial regulations
- Keep up-to-date with changes in financial reporting standards and regulations
- Identify opportunities to streamline cash management processes and enhance the efficiency of cash-related workflows
- Provide documentation and explanations for cash-related transactions and reconciliations
- Calculate management and Mynd fees based on established agreements and contracts with accuracy
- Work closely with other departments such as Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable to ensure accurate and timely cash-related transactions and reconciliations
- Manage and process time-sensitive payments accurately and efficiently, ensure compliance with payment scheduled and deadlines
- Review resident ledgers when incorrect charges are identified and adjust transactions as necessary
- Reallocate resident payments to the appropriate charges, ensuring accuracy and completion
- Collaborate with the institutional property accounting team as needed, providing support and expertise in cash-related matters
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field is preferred
- At least 3 years of proven experience as a Cash Accountant or in a similar role, with a strong understanding of cash management principles
- Ability to work independently and within a team to build relationships and interact effectively with business partners
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in cash management
- Excellent time management and organizational skills to meet deadlines in a remote work setting
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to interact with stakeholders at all levels
- High level of integrity and commitment to maintaining confidentiality of financial data
- Attention to detail and a strong understanding of Microsoft Office and Google Suite products
- Ability to meet timelines and adjust expectations preemptively
- Demonstrated ability to drive process improvements and streamline financial operations
- Positive, can-do attitude with a commitment to excellence and achieving goals
- Willingness to take on new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Experience with NetSuite is a plus
Being authorized to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment and we are unable to sponsor H1-B Visas at this time.
Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
$60,500 - $68,000 annually. The compensation range may be adjusted based on experience and location.
At Mynd, we offer a robust, competitive & unique benefits package:
- Unlimited time off
- 13 Paid holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Cash to purchase your own investment property through our “Project Investor Myndset” program
- 401k + Match
- Wellness, home office, and cell phone subsidies
- Volunteer time off
- Robust health, dental, vision insurance, and more
- Sabbatical program
- Eligible to participate in Mynd’s equity program
At Mynd, we encourage all of our team members to:
- Be Myndful
- Always Be Entrepreneurial
- Earn Trust
- Play Team First
- Be an ‘A’ Player
- Think Like An Investor
As part of our dedication to diversity, Mynd is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Mynd are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.