Client Service Manager - National Remote
Full Job Description
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work. SM
Like you, UnitedHealth Group is strong on innovation. And like you, we'll go the distance to deliver high-quality care. As part of our clinical support team, you will be a key component in customer satisfaction and have a responsibility to make every contact informative, productive and positive for our members and providers. You'll have the opportunity to do live outreach, educating members about program benefits and services while also helping to manage member cases. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you'll have a chance to make an impact.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday to Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 08:00am – 05:00pm.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Lead effective meetings with customers, vendors, and matrix partners as necessary
- Provide consultative services to clients to address service delivery needs
- Manage all service-related issues on assigned book of business. Investigates, research and resolve problems presented by the customer and Account management Team (AMT) members.
- Triage and troubleshoot client issues providing timely resolution and determining root cause
- The CSM will assist in the adoption of all Strategic Administrative Initiatives for the business
- Identify trends and develop customer specific solutions in collaboration with cross-functional team’s expertise
- Ensures the timely and accurate delivery of client communications (correspondence, network and product updates, fulfillment materials, ID cards, etc.)
- Manage customer/responsiveness throughout the AMT team
- Manages and meets internal metrics and client specific metrics. Collects and reports externally on the quality of service that is delivered to the client.
- Engage senior leadership to adopt new ideas, products, escalations and approaches.
- Models UHG’s principles of integrity and compliance. Adheres to our business principles.
- Acts as a project manager, facilitating and managing the AMT process, setting direction, schedule, and issue logs to ensure resolution of issues across functional areas are complete.
- In partnership with the SAE, ensures customer are well-informed and knowledgeable about plan options, new products, policy and procedural and legislative changes.
- Ensures seamless, complete and accurate health Fair and Open Enrollment activity for customers by coordinating enrollment meetings and the ordering of enrollment materials. Creates customer specific presentations and trains vendors for OE meetings. May attend these meetings as necessary.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by reading internal communications, attending educational workshops/training, and reviewing industry related publications.
- Maintains current insurance license(s) as required by law
- Along with the Implementation Manager and SAE, coordinates needed activities for the timely implementation of products and services onto the UHC systems.
- Proactively works with customers, SAE, AMT, and business partners to create and implement service and process improvements.
- Manages metrics and customer goals. Collects measure and reports on the quality of service that the business delivers to its customers (i.e. performance guarantees)
- Responsible for monthly/quarterly collection and delivery of the client reports as directed by the client contract.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) OR equivalent experience
- 3+ years of account management experience/servicing experience and proficient working knowledge of healthcare and related products
- 2+ years of healthcare industry experience
- 1+ years of public speaking experience
- Experience with Microsoft Word (creating documents), Microsoft Excel (create spreadsheets, pivot tables), and Microsoft PowerPoint (create and edit presentations)
- Travel up to 25% of the time
- Active license in resident state for Accident & Health or the ability to obtain it within 90 days of employment
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- 2+ years of business project management experience
- Medicare insurance experience
- Experience working at a client site
- Demonstrated high integrity and ethical behavior and compliance to applicable laws, regulations, and policies
- Excellent verbal and written communication
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in healthcare. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well - being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our Healthcare system. Ready? It's time to do your life’s best work. SM
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, Washington or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for California / Colorado / Connecticut / Nevada / Washington / New York City residents is $67,800 - $133,100.Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.