Headquartered in New York City, Order is a Series-B SaaS / FinTech company transforming the purchase and pay processes of businesses across a broad array of industries including fitness, retail, hospitality, cannabis, and healthcare.
We are looking for an experienced risk and compliance leader who will be instrumental in helping us design, build, and scale the risk and compliance department here at Order. Risk and compliance touches a number of areas here, including, but not limited to, operating a large and growing corporate prepaid/credit card program, operating a growing B2B financing program, managing US and international sales tax compliance and navigating payments compliance in the cannabis space. We expect this person to help us define and operate the following processes: business customer onboarding (KYB/KYC), business financing application compliance, corporate card program compliance, cannabis payments compliance, fraud monitoring of card transactions. We expect this person to be both strategic (help us decide which risks/compliance areas to prioritize) and operational (design and implement processes while we scale). Our risk and compliance organization will be an important part of how we implement and monitor controls. Our existing processes are extremely data-driven and we expect this leader to also follow a heavily data-driven approach to managing risk across the organization.
The Compliance Manager is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive compliance program for the company, ensuring adherence to all applicable local, state, federal, and international laws and regulations. The Compliance Manager will also be responsible for providing compliance advice and guidance to the business on all aspects of regulatory compliance related to product development, marketing, and servicing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own the definition and operation of Order.co’s business customer onboarding process (AML/KYB/KYC) including handing off requirements to the Product org for incorporation into the software
- Own the definition and operation of Order.co’s Corporate Card program Agreements, Disclosures and compliance processes, helping us transition to managing our own program and bank sponsor relationship in 2024
- Own the definition and operation of Order.co’s card transaction monitoring processes for fraud prevention/detection
- Review and sign off on Terms, Conditions, Agreements, DIsclosures and other compliance documents related to the Card Program and the overall software application
- Conduct periodic audits of existing processes, creating action plans to mitigate identified risks
- Investigate and lead the resolution of issues or exception cases identified in customer onboarding, credit application or card transactions
- Collaborate with the Product Development team, the Payments Operations team and the Vendor operations team to automate compliance tools / monitoring wherever possible
- Stay up to date with and coordinate action plans for changes in laws and regulations related to credit card products and services, interpreting them and advising the team accordingly
- Collaborate with the executive team in defining the processes and systems Order.co uses to manage its relationship with Cannabis Related Businesses to ensure they remain compliant
- Review Order.co’s existing processes related to the collection, reporting and distribution of sales taxes and provide advice on how to optimize for compliance
- Review and harmonize Order.co’s customer and vendor relating Agreements - ensuring that the agreements are internally consistent, efficient and customer friendly and adequately protect Order.co
- Provide compliance training to all employees, ensuring that everyone is aware of and understands their compliance obligations
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance, law, or a related field (law degree strongly preferred)
- 3+ years of experience in financial services regulatory compliance, with specific experience managing compliance for a corporate credit card program
- Strong understanding of all applicable local, state, federal, and international laws and regulations related to card issuance programs
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
What You’ll Receive
- A competitive compensation package including stock options
- Robust medical, dental, vision, and wellness benefits
- Flexible time off and remote work policies
- Employer-sponsored 401(k)
- The anticipated annual base salary range for this role is $120,000-$140,000. Actual compensation and title will be commensurate with experience, qualifications, knowledge, and skills.
Order.co is an equal opportunity employer. Applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by law.