At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
The Content Specialist is responsible for creating and managing documents, content writing and editing, assisting with marketing, advertising, and outreach initiatives. The Content Specialist also supports the company’s growth goals as part of the business development team in the capacity of researching and drafting business proposals and contract bids in response to Requests for Proposals (RFPs).
**If possible, please upload a sample of your professional writing to your application or resume.**
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Communications Support - Use knowledge of writing techniques and project management to contribute to, create, and/or take point on internal and external projects for the company, including but not limited to: Brochures and Flyers, Newsletters, Social Media Campaign Planning and Posting, Digital and Print Marketing, Provider Manuals, Bulletins, and Announcements, Technical Guides and Documentation, Website, Web Application Copy
- Create and format professional-looking materials using the advanced styling tools of Microsoft Word, such as dynamic formatting, style guides, automatic indexes, dynamic cross-referencing, variable fields, macros, and more
- As necessary, ensure compliance with regulatory and accreditation standards as applicable and maintain detailed tracking logs of all mass communications and documentation
- Prioritize projects, manage timelines, tasks and deliver quality work on time
- Social Media and Online Presence Management
- Collaborate with Communications team members to develop social media graphics and animations that align with oral health messaging goals, MCNA branding strategy, and current trends.
- Report on communications and social media metrics and utilization and provide regular updates to leadership
- Assist with moderation of online reviews, company reputation, and public relations
- Internal Communications - Drafting internal corporate communications for MCNA and overseeing the internal approval process with executive leadership as well as senior operational leadership, as necessary, to ensure alignment with corporate goals
- Publish communications for all employees or select populations via management of SharePoint sites and other technologies
- Manage email distribution lists, set up communications in email platforms, and send employee memos, emails, and other communications
- Communications Strategy Development - Evaluate the performance of communications efforts using quantitative and qualitative metrics; leverage those metrics to maximize the effectiveness of communications
- Offer recommendations on communications strategies utilizing experience, analytics, and trends
- Propose and collaborate to create innovative ideas and plans, both internally and externally focused, for ongoing MCNA employee town halls, new videos, incentive ideas for members, providers, and MCNA employees, and other engagement opportunities
- Complete in-market competitive analysis of MCNA’s competitors to help craft our communications strategy. Analysis may expand to include a larger field of dental and medical health care organizations
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with outside vendors and customers
- Business Development - Support new business development and maintenance of current lines of business by using knowledge of communications and operations to assist in the Request for Proposal process
- Research professional dental community, current issues, and incumbent vendors, as applicable, in target market(s)
- Utilize existing materials and internal resources to assist in drafting MCNA’s response document, proposing innovations in content, presentation, and graphics when possible
- Assist in management of workflow to ensure all deadlines are appropriately communicated and met
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together - competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) preferably in Communications, Marketing, English, or related field OR 4+ years of experience in communications, copywriting, or marketing
- 1+ year of experience in a communications/writing role, in public relations, or a related field, preferably in the healthcare industry
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, multi-tasking, problem-solving, networking, and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional proofreading, spelling, and grammar skills with the ability to distill complex information into lay language
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with extreme attention to detail under set deadlines
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) language proficiency
- Ability to work with constructive criticism and flexibility, and willing to incorporate suggestions and feedback
- Strong collaboration, client relationship building, and presentation skills in varied settings, with the confidence and ability to support and champion ideas and recommendations when appropriate
- Comfortable and effective working with senior-level executives and external entities
- Expertise in Microsoft Word
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat preferred, including creation of fillable forms
- Experience with the management of SharePoint sites
- Experience with Adobe InDesign
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat preferred
- Experience with document accessibility (Section 508, WAVE, WCAG) and document readability (Flesch Kincaid Grade Level)
- Experience in managed care or the health insurance industry strongly
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Work with a Fortune 5 organization that’s serving millions of people as we transform health care with bold ideas. Bring your energy for driving change for the better. Help us improve health access and outcomes for everyone, as we work to advance health equity, connecting people with the care they need to feel their best. As an industry leader, our commitment to improving lives is second to none.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington Residents Only: The hourly range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, Washington or New York City residents is $22.45 to $43.89. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.