Coforma is looking for an experienced Content Writer and Editor to join our growing, distributed team.
Are you a self-starter who can work cross-functionally as part of a remote team to develop and review a wide range of written content? If you’re also passionate about the power of storytelling to connect audiences with the work and experiences of a values-driven small business and enjoy helping others shine in written communications, Coforma is a great company for you.
As a Content Writer and Editor at Coforma, your passion for language and finding the right structure for our story and audience will play a central role in bringing to life a wide range of information. From writing engaging case studies about the solutions we co-create for our clients and the people they serve to sharing about our team’s ways of working and differentiators, you’ll serve as a key touchpoint between Coforma’s personnel and its audiences, collaborating to obtain information from subject-matter experts and stakeholders and transform it into engaging long- and short-form content.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Marketing and Communications to start, you’ll collaborate closely with our visual designers and Senior Content Manager to help write the next chapter of the Coforma story, align content closely with our audiences’ needs and preferences, and work with our team to provide high-quality, accessible content in line with our content calendar and goals. Your strong foundational knowledge, skills in content writing and editing, passion for learning and building depth and breadth in your capabilities are evidenced through your daily work and interactions with others. To this end, you’ll proactively work to strengthen your practice by frequently seeking feedback, pairing with more senior members of the team, deepening your understanding of the industry and market, and pursuing professional development opportunities.
$102–111k Base Salary/Hourly + Benefits + Growth Potential
This posting will close by June 14, 2023.
The desired start date for this role is July 24, 2023.
- Create high-quality content that supports Coforma’s multi-channel marketing and communications strategy and provide editorial reviews of a range of communications while working under the direction of a more senior member of the team
- Understand and embody the Coforma voice and tone to develop content as assigned for our websites, blog, social media channels, print marketing materials, and newsletters
- Develop new, brand-aligned assets and content types in collaboration with visual designers, stakeholders, and subject-matter experts (e.g., white papers, capability statements, custom marketing materials, and so forth)
- Leverage relevant style guides to provide copy reviews of reports, proposals, client deliverables, and other communications to develop written content for Coforma audiences
- Work as a key member of Coforma’s Marketing and Communications team to create and publish assigned content, following our processes, estimating writing and reviewing efforts, managing expectations, and communicating both progress and setbacks
- Proactively build relationships with Coforma’s subject-matter experts as partners in your work
- Understand the department’s objectives, systems, processes, and goals to be an active contributor to ideation and content planning
- Accurately track and assess progress on your assigned work, making adjustments as needed
- Report risks, successes, progress, backlog, and failures in a timely, clear, and efficient manner
- Support the team’s content velocity and continually improve our processes for organizing and completing the work
- Demonstrate a passion for learning, ability to create and adapt systems, and ability to collaborate with creative, technical, and business stakeholders and team members
- Endeavor to continuously improve your craft by proactively seeking feedback and development opportunities
- Contribute to the Marketing and Communications practice through knowledge sharing, participation in rituals, development of documentation, and craft guidance
- Build and maintain stakeholder, team, and SME relationships across the company and where, relevant, with our partners and collaborators
- Model and promote a highly collaborative, responsible, and ethical culture through your individual actions
- Contribute to internal projects and initiatives
- 2+ years of professional work experience
- 2+ years of experience as a content writer and editor
- Demonstrated experience crafting quality content across multiple platforms in the civic tech, digital services, or IT space
- Proven experience working with design and technical stakeholders and team members
- Proven experience using multiple approaches and tactics to sourcing information for content
- Working knowledge of Chicago Manual of Style and/or AP style, and experience applying it within your own writing and in editing others’ writing
- Experience managing milestones, dependencies, communications, and stakeholder expectations
- Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and orally (whether verbally or through assistive technologies/aids)
- Strong competency in situational awareness, situational leadership, and conflict mitigation and resolution
- Ability to nurture relationships to help drive prioritization across multiple assignments, working confidently and effectively across our ecosystems
- A proactive, empathetic, persistent, positive, and growth mindset
- Content marketing or content writing certification a plus
- Experience with and/or willingness to learn how AI technology bolsters content and how to ethically leverage it to optimize your and the team’s work
- 2+ years experience working on a remote team or remote freelancing
- Prior experience writing within professional digital services or federal government contracting space
- Experience writing or editing government proposals
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment, flexible, innovative, and attentive to detail
- Experience with content governance workflows and related technologies
We Don't Care About
- Whether or not you have a degree of any kind
- Whether your educational major, if you had one, is related to this role
- Whether or not you have been published widely
- Whether or not you have worked at a well-recognized company
- Whether you’re sure that you check every box
We Do Care About
- Your passions — professional or otherwise
- Your well-informed opinions about technology, teams, and process
$102,000 - $111,000 a year
The stress of job searching can make you wonder if you’re enough. Studies have even shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs when they don’t meet every qualification. We believe that you ARE enough, and that it’s okay not to meet every requirement. We’re building a culture that’s authentic, inclusive, and diverse. If you’re excited to work with us but not sure you check every box, apply anyway! You may be just right for this role or another one.
We use creativity to get results for clients and the communities they serve.
We’ve honed a modern, agile, user-centered approach that elevates human needs through thoughtfully-designed systems and products.
From connecting families in crisis at the US border to improving the way governments consume COVID-19 mobility data through a more accessible and user-friendly tool, we’re dedicated to improving people’s lives through thoughtful technology products and services. Together. Our cross-functional team works closely with each other and with our government, nonprofit, and commercial partners to research, design, and build better products and services.
Coforma employs over 100 talented creators. Our leadership has decades of experience in improving government digital services from a civic service mindset, and a strong record of developing innovative technology solutions for government, enterprise, and nonprofits.
We thoughtfully integrate design into product development. We are experts in leading the design and development of products to meet business goals, build alignment, and deliver value through technically feasible and iterative design activities.
Business objectives and human beings are at the center of our work. We work very closely and collaboratively with our partners, from solicitation through to delivery, to ensure that the solution provides a high level of value to the business. Accessibility is never overlooked in our work, and our iterative approach validates the utility and delight of the final product.
Equal Opportunity & Inclusive Workplace
Coforma is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination. As a federal government contractor, all employees of Coforma are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 4, 2022. Background checks and other security clearances may be required for some roles as it relates to the nature of our client work.
Our team and our office aims to be an accessible and hospitable place to work. We welcome applicants, contractors, and employees who are committed to improving our culture and practices.