Customer Experience Specialist
Aviron, the experience-driven connected rowing machine built on an advanced gaming platform, has more than doubled top-line revenue every quarter for the last four quarters. The company was recently featured in Esquire as the “The Rowing Machine You’ll Actually Want to Use”, US Weekly, PCMag, and Forbes called the rower “A phenomenal, intense rowing workout.” Aviron’s focus on utilizing gaming psychology to drive motivation, consistency, and fun for their users, positions them well-ahead of the gaming fitness trend and as the future of fitness entertainment. Aviron is backed by Y-Combinator (Dropbox, AirBnB, DoorDash), Global Founders Capital (Facebook, Slack, LinkedIn), and the co-founder of Oculus. Today, the Company is based in Toronto, Ontario but offers the ability for its employees to work remotely.
Aviron is looking to add a talented and customer focused person to our team in the role of Customer Experience Specialist (CXS). In this role, you will communicate through multiple channels including live chat, phone and by email. The CXS will serve as the point person for all customers' inquiries.
You are perfect for this role if you enjoy working with customers and possess exceptional customer service and organization skills. You also love to dive deep into a new product to learn it inside and out and are highly adaptable, dynamic, and are eager to take on the different challenges and tasks that come with working for an energetic start-up.
Our availability to our customers is 9am-9pm, 7 days a week, you must be available to work all possible shifts. Our current shifts are 9am-5:30pm and 12pm-9pm ET (subject to change at anytime). Our schedules are set in advance and you will have 2 days off in a row each week.
- Maintain a solid understanding of all company products, channels and company policies/terms.
- Listen, understand and respond to incoming member inquiries and/or complaints via live chat, phone, email and social media, warmly and direct to the Tech Support Team when appropriate.
- Process orders, cancellations, returns and verify account information when necessary.
- Submit shipping claims when deliveries do not go as planned
- Important skills to have would be time management, multitasking and reprioritization.
- Complete any ad hoc project as assigned and other duties as requested.
- 1+ Years of experience in a customer service or equivalent role
- Exceptional verbal and written skills in English
- Ability to type quickly and accurately in a live chat
- Logic mind set to resolve customers’ issues
- Experience with CRM systems
- Experience with Netsuite an asset
- College diploma or University degree preferred
A couple more things
Our customers love us because we are friendly, passionate, and always willing to go the extra mile. They are continuously impressed (even surprised) at the high-quality physical product and software experience we provide. We are very proud of the product and market we’ve carved out as a team/company that was until very recently mostly boot-strapped. We are looking for someone to match (and elevate!) our passion and hard work to the next level during this very exciting time for our company.
Aviron is based in Toronto, Canada, but much of our team is remote, spanning across Canada, the U.S., and Asia. Please note that this role must be based within Canada.
Aviron is an equal opportunity employer. We provide a safe and inspiring workplace where everyone is accepted and has the opportunity to grow with us. If you require any accommodations, please let us know.