Who is Flock?
Flock Safety provides the first public safety operating system that empowers private communities and law enforcement to work together to eliminate crime. We are committed to protecting human privacy and mitigating bias in policing with the development of best-in-class technology rooted in ethical design, which unites civilians and public servants in pursuit of a safer, more equitable society.
Our Safety-as-a-Service approach includes affordable devices powered by LTE and solar that can be installed anywhere. Our technology detects and captures objective details, decodes evidence in real-time, and delivers investigative leads into the hands of those who matter.
While safety is a serious business, we are a supportive team that is optimizing the remote experience to create strong and fun relationships even when we are physically apart. Our flock of hard-working employees thrive in a positive and inclusive environment, where a bias towards action is rewarded. Flock Safety is headquartered in Atlanta and operates nationwide. We have raised over $380M in venture capital including a recent Series E round led by Tiger Global. Now surpassing a 3B valuation, Flock is scaling intentionally and seeking the best and brightest to help us meet our goal of reducing crime in the United States by 25% in the next three years.
Specifically seeking individuals willing to work Mon-Fri 9am-5pm PST / 12pm-8pm EST
This is a fully remote position, so exemplary time management skills, the ability to manage multiple tasks at once, critical thinking, a desire to solve customer problems, and effective communication throughout the customer experience are all key components to being successful in the role.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Become an expert on all things Flock Safety, serving as a valuable resource for current and prospective customers alike
- Provide quick, friendly, and high quality assistance to all customer types via phone, live chat, and email
- Empower our customers by sharing tips and best practices on how to effectively use our software
- Partner with the Product, Engineering, Operations, Sales, Project Management, and Customer Success teams to tactfully resolve escalated situations
- Make recommendations to the Flock Safety product to magnify your impact and drive change across the network
- Contribute to the Flock Safety Customer Help Center to help reduce the need for customers to contact us in the first place
We’re looking for people who:
- Have demonstrated excellence in customer-facing roles for 2+ years
- For example, current members of the team have prior experience as 911 dispatchers, technical support, and in the hospitality industry
- Are comfortable supporting customers through a variety of contact channels, including phone, chat, and/or email -- bonus points for experience with Salesforce or similar tools
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have experience troubleshooting technical software and finding creative solutions
- Embrace change and know how to maneuver around challenges and ambiguity
- Have the ability to work independently, prioritize and manage multiple tasks, and clearly communicate necessary information to customers and internal teams
- Can provide clear examples of delivering exceptional customer service while working efficiently
- Are willing to work ~ 9am-5pm PST / 12pm-8pm EST while also having flexibility with their working schedule (potentially some evenings/weekends) - to be discussed during interview process
Feeling uneasy that you haven’t ticked every box? That’s okay; we’ve felt that way too. Studies have shown women and minorities are less likely to apply unless they meet all qualifications. We encourage you to break the status quo and apply to roles that would make you excited to come to work every day.
Our values define how we approach our work every single day:
- Do the Work
- Optimism With a Plan
- Embrace Change to Grow
- Protect the Whole Community
To read more about our values click here.
Why Join Us?
While being surrounded by a bunch of cool people working to eliminate crime is its own reward, we have plenty more to offer:
- We have raised over $380M in venture capital and are backed by some of the top VCs including a16z, Tiger Global, Meritech and more
- 91% of our employees recommend working here
- We have an audacious goal of reducing crime in the United States by 25% over the next three years
- 7% of crimes in the US are solved by Flock, and we help to solve ~200 crimes a day
- We partner with 2100+ cities and 1500+ agencies across the US and process 1.65B+ images a week (we process more images than Instagram 🤯)
💰Salary & Equity: In this role, you’ll receive a starting salary of $55,000-$60,000 as well as stock options
🌴Use what you need PTO: We seriously mean it, plus 11 company holidays and your birthday off!
⚕️Fully-paid health benefits plan for employees: including Medical, Dental, and Vision and an HSA match.
👪Family Leave: We provide 16 weeks of 100% paid leave for primary caregivers and 12 weeks of 100% paid leave for secondary caregivers.
🍼Fertility & Family Benefits: We have partnered with Maven, a complete digital health benefit for starting and raising a family. We will reimburse $10,000 a year for adoption, surrogacy, or infertility.
🧠Mental Health: All employees receive an annual subscription to Headspace
💖Caregiver Support: We have partnered with Cariloop to provide our employees with caregiver support
💸Carta Tax Advisor: Employees receive 1:1 sessions with Equity Tax Advisors who can address individual grants, model tax scenarios, and answer general questions.
💻WFH Stipend: $150 per month to cover the costs of working from home.
📚L&D Stipend: $250 per year to use on Audible, Calm, Masterclass, Duolingo, Grammarly and so much more.
🏠Home Office Stipend: A one-time $750 to help you create your dream office.
🏢Coworking Space: If you’re not local to our ATL HQ, we’ll provide $250 a month to get you set up with an All Access Membership to WeWork (or a local coworking space in your area).
🐾Pet Insurance: We’ve partnered with Pumpkin to provide insurance for our employee’s fur babies.
Flock is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diverse backgrounds and thoughts and welcome everyone to apply for employment with us. We are committed to fostering an environment that is inclusive, transparent, and collaborative. Mutual respect is central to how Flock operates, and we believe the best solutions come from diverse perspectives, experiences, and skills. We embrace our differences and know that we are stronger working together.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This information will be treated as confidential and used only to determine an appropriate accommodation for the interview process.