I’m Thomas, Customer Success Manager at TestGorilla. We’re a fast-growing HR tech startup that helps teams make better hiring decisions faster and bias-free.
Over the last year, we’ve experienced tremendous growth. More than 9,000 companies have replaced CVs with our assessments to screen candidates in an unbiased and data-driven way.
As we look to scale our efforts in 2023 and beyond, we’re looking for a Customer Success Representative who’s passionate about supporting our customers and helping people land dream jobs.
What’s in it for you?
- Helping shape a fast-growing HR tech startup as an early employee
- Fully remote position with bright, motivated, and friendly colleagues around the world
- €18,000 – €26,000 annual compensation (base + discretionary bonus, based on experience and performance), stock appreciation rights
- (Mostly) Flexible hours and vacation
- Paid parental leave
- Remote working budget: €1,000 per year
- Learning & development budget: 3.5% of salary
The job in a nutshell
As a Customer Success Representative your core responsibility will be spending your day providing fast, painless, and accurate customer support via email. Additionally, you’ll help on live chat, assist with documentation, and proactively reach out to help folks who might not yet know they need it.
You’ll become an expert in all areas of TestGorilla. Not only will you provide guidance to paying customers about how to use the product, you’ll also troubleshoot technical issues when they arise, liaise with the development team, and ensure the customer is continuously informed along the way.
This is a full-time position in which you are the first in line to help; your understanding of the product and our customers will be incredibly valuable for the business.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Answering written support inquiries, through email and chat in a manner geared toward creating truly successful customers by helping to:
- Educate customers on best practices
- Drive adoption
- Increase renewal rates and reduce churn
- Proactively reaching out to customers to help with onboarding
- Assisting as needed with things like documentation, research, and other side projects
- Providing customer focused feedback to other teams, inspiring a success mindset throughout the organization
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You are inspired by our mission to put 1 billion people in dream jobs
- You are fully aligned with our values
- You are motivated by doing right by our customers. You believe in the value of quality customer communication
- You have experience working in Customer Support or Success for a SaaS product
- You are in the Pacific to Eastern timezone
- You want your career to be focused on Customer Success. While you’ll have plenty of room for advancement, this role is not meant as a foot in the door to another department
- You are natively proficient in verbal and written English
- You are very comfortable working remotely
- You’re an incredible communicator and an excellent writer. You can take complex subjects and break them down using clear and simple writing.
- You’re comfortable troubleshooting issues, and are excited to increase your technical knowledge
- You’re cool under stress. You don’t let unforeseen events affect your empathy and kindness toward customers.
- You’re organized and self-sufficient. You thrive working independently, but know when to ask for help.
- You’re a resourceful problem solver with a strong desire to learn
- You are receptive to feedback, embracing the opportunity to grow and improve
- You are comfortable giving feedback to help others improve
- You can handle difficult customers with ease and professionalism
- You are comfortable advocating for the customer to help improve the product
- You are comfortable setting expectations about what can and will be done and when
- You’re extremely attentive to detail
- You care about doing good work. You take initiative and ownership to see things through to completion. If it needs doing, you do it.
Bonus points if…
- You have previous knowledge of Zendesk, HubSpot, Confluence, Jira and support ticketing platforms
We don’t offer rainbow glitter unicorns, or dog friendly offices (we literally don’t have an office) but we do offer real people, solid core values, and a product meant to give everyone a fair, unbiased chance at their dream jobs.
Here at TestGorilla, we eat our own dog food. We use our skills assessment platform to make sure we make the best hiring decisions faster and bias-free. We’ve all taken one to get our own positions!
If this role sounds like a good fit for you, I’d like you to take an assessment so we can better understand whether you have the skills we need. It’s also a great opportunity for you to experience our product first hand.