Digital Graphic Designer
Neo4j is the world’s leading graph data platform. 75% of the world’s Fortune 100 companies use Neo4j for their mission critical applications. We’re building the technology that enables connected data to solve the world’s most pressing problems, such as helping to cure cancers, address diabetes, and get humans to Mars. We’re proud to fight fraud, crush pandemics, and even help journalists uncover the truth. Find out more at neo4j.com and follow us at @Neo4j.
At Neo4j, we have always strived to help the world make sense of data.
As business, society and knowledge become increasingly connected, our technology promotes innovation by helping organizations to find and understand data relationships. We created, drive and lead the graph database category, and we’re disrupting how organizations leverage their data to innovate and stay competitive.
About Neo4j Brand & Creative Services (BCS)
Within Corporate Marketing, the Brand & Creative Services team mission is to clearly and compellingly communicate the power of graph technology to the world. Our small and mighty team (comprised of a brand director, three designers and a videographer) are committed to:
- Create a collaborative environment where tech, business and creative minds merge
- Uncover the why and optimize the how of every project to achieve customer-first creativity
- Strategic balancing of short-term needs with long-term brand building
- Deliver impact through creative business solutions every single day
Digital Graphic Designer Roles & Responsibilities
BCS is seeking an eager and inspired digital graphic designer to join us full-time on our team, ready to roll up their sleeves and help change the world by directly supporting the growth of our incredible industry-leading brand! We are looking for a highly organized, creative, and thoughtful team player, eager to drive business impact. A creative problem solver who is deadline-driven and solutions oriented, you will:
- Support the design team in the execution of various creative requests from internal teams like Product Marketing, People, Field Marketing, Developer Relations and PR
- Creative requests include everything from developing eye-catching event booth designs, custom swag (ex. apparel, stickers), engaging social campaigns and lead nurture emails, beautiful presentations, customer testimonial layouts, infographics & beyond
- Provide a thoughtful point of view on why creative decisions were made, helping to support requester education through creative recommendations that are aligned to our brand guidelines, digital best practices and global accessibility principles
- Clear communication on design process, status of ongoing projects and able to articulate inspiration + feedback in an effective and inclusive way
- Communicate the status of projects with requesters from intake to delivery
- Adhere and maintain file organization using prescriptive taxonomy and regularly updated project archives for creative team and cross functional partners
- Be solutions oriented, identifying the opportunities and forging a path forward with resolve
- Demonstrate cultural awareness and sensitivity for all markets and audiences served
- Maintain positive and professional relationships with designers across our global org, including designers on our Web/ UX, Product and PR/ Social Design Teams
- Participate in departmental and BCS team meetings and ongoing collaboration across virtual communication platforms
- Bachelor’s Degree or advanced degree in Graphic Design or other related areas from an Arts College, accredited University or commensurate work experience.
- Minimum 3 years of combined experience in digital design services.
- Experience in digital branding, with tech brand experience preferred.
- Comfortable with digital creative development processes, standards and specs
- Creative thinker with an ability to infuse business needs into design solutions
- NEED TO HAVE proficiency in Figma, Canva and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- NICE TO HAVE “bonus” capabilities in Adobe After Effects, other video / motion / 3D / animation tools
- Experience with project management tools (like Monday.com) and virtual collaboration platforms (like Slack, Zoom, Google Drive/ Slides/ Docs, etc.)
- Use visual design, creative ideation, compositional sensibilities, typographic rules, and user journey optimization to translate creative concepts into materials for our internal teams and external existing/ prospective customers
- Confidence presenting creative ideas and concepts in a compelling manner.
- Eager to learn and grow in a dynamic environment on our dedicated team (no divas)!
Why Join Neo4j?
Neo4j is one of the 20 most popular databases in the world, and the leader in the rapidly emerging Graph Database category. We’re building the technology that enables connected data to solve the world’s most pressing problems. You’ll work on unique engineering projects that challenge what’s possible.
We have customers in every industry across the globe, and our products are a proven product/market fit. Joining our team is an opportunity to shape the future of data and analytics.
We pride ourselves on being a welcoming team. Most of us would agree that one of the best parts of working at Neo4j is the people we get to work with.
We encourage you to apply even if you don’t 100% fit the qualifications above. Why? Because we are committed to building an environment that fosters belonging, which means valuing intellectually honest discussions and being receptive to new ideas and perspectives.
One of our central objectives is to provide an inclusive, diverse, and equitable workplace for everyone to develop their potential and have a positive, career-defining experience.
Neo4j is a Silicon Valley company with a Swedish soul. We foster collaboration and each of us is empowered to contribute and put our innovative stamp on projects.