Director of Customer Insights
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
Optum is seeking as Associate Director of Customer Insights with primary research and strategy experience to join our team. This leadership position will contribute to our Strategic Insights team, with an increasingly important leadership role in driving growth and enabling our mission to help people to live healthier lives and help make the health system better for everyone.
The Strategic Insights Team is a center of excellence for proprietary customer and market insights that drive long-term growth and competitive advantage. We have an opportunity for a skilled and passionate individual to join the team focused on the Optum Finance line of business. This individual will partner with business leaders to create actionable customer insights that help them achieve their business objectives through primary research (qualitative and quantitative). The Associate Director of Customer Insights will be responsible for proactively informing and understanding the customer (B2B and consumer) experience for Optum Financial, both with existing products and services as well as new innovative offerings. The position will focus on identifying ways to better meet customers’ needs, representing the voice of the customer in initiatives and leading other strategic research and analytical initiatives to help Optum Financial achieve their business objectives.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Drive customer insights and work seamlessly with cross functional partners to proactively support the strategic initiatives across Optum Financial
- Be a trusted insights partner to Optum Financial leadership and their teams
- Lead custom market research efforts to inform and evaluate the customer experience, marketing, products and services as part of a core team focused on Optum Financial
- Manage complex studies from start to finish using internal and external resources
- Analyze data to identify strengths, pain points and competitive gaps in order to be strategic and identify tactical actions for the business to take
- Ensure all data security, quality, regulatory, stakeholder requirements are met
- Support the Strategic Insights team in efforts to accelerate a customer-led decision-making culture
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field OR 4 years equivalent marketing experience
- 7+ years of relevant market research
- 3+ years of experience synthesizing data from multiple sources to tell a concise, compelling, strategic story and make actionable recommendations
- Experience in statistical and market research tools such as Qualtrics
- Experience working with external vendors to conduct research
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Master’s degree in business, marketing, or related field
- Experience building and strengthening relationships with internal business partners, including leadership levels, and market research firms
- Experienced working effectively individually and in a team environment
- Health care or finacial service industry exposure
- Demonstrated appitude for detail as well as the ability to understand the big picture
- Proven solid verbal and written communication skills as well as strong problem solving abilities
- Proven passion for understanding the customer
- Proven strategic perspective
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington residents is $101,200 to $184,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment .
- Health insurance