Director, Product Design, Platform
Narvar is Growing! We are hiring a Sr. Director of Product Design to help us empower top brands to reach their business objectives. In this role, you will own the success of industry-leading brands (our customers) on the Narvar platform. Using the power of design, you will drive strong user adoption, satisfaction and retention rates for Narvar’s solutions, understanding the interconnections across our products and data.
You will deeply understand the customer’s business and use cases and develop solutions that leverage our products to help. With enthusiasm and clarity, you will make data-driven recommendations to improve their experiences and drive ROI, all while increasing the power of the Narvar Platform.
We’re looking for a true Design leader, someone that can lead and develop our Product Design team to help our team build the future of the retail experience. Apply your expertise in user experience and your insights with product design to help guide a platform that touches millions of lives. We seek to develop ecommerce-native experiences that help retailers (our customers) reach the right consumers who will grow to love their products and brand. We want someone who finds the task of balancing the needs of retailers and consumers an exciting problem space.
As the Sr. Director of Product Design you will serve as a design leader who is accountable for the design strategy and execution at scale across all end-to-end customer experiences. You will guide your team and work with other senior leaders and cross-functional team members to build and deliver the best possible experiences for our retailers and their consumers. You have an uncanny attention to detail and a passion for process, setting up design milestones for each major initiative. You will help us find, develop and retain the world’s best design talent, and have a passion for coaching teams and partners in empathizing with customer problems. We support each other, learn from challenges, and have fun along the way.
what you’ll do
- You will deliver a top-class experience for retailers , enhancing both our self-serve interface and configurations as well as the resulting consumer experiences.
- Grasp the big picture design vision set by leadership and work with cross-functional peers to shape and communicate a corresponding design strategy and compelling platform vision for the product and product design teams.
- You will act as the subject matter expert on product design in the Self-Serve eCommerce space, innovating and scaling our tools and ecosystem from the ground up.
- Guide UX efforts across teams, including strategy, planning, working with cross-functional partners to remove blockers and presenting effectively to senior staff and stakeholders.
- Mentor and inspire your team to bring passion to their designs.
- Partner with design research to gain insights on what matters most to our customers and bake their feedback into the design iteration process
- Manage team bandwidth, resourcing recommendations, and recruiting.
- Hold teams accountable to leverage and extend the use of a design system, style guides, patterns and assets in the creation of UX deliverables.
- Collaborate with leadership to conceptualize future products.
- Champion excellent user experience and design at every opportunity.
what we’re looking for
- 15+ years experience in Product Design, designing SaaS applications for B2B or B2B2C companies, specifically on business customer-facing product experiences.
- 10+ years management experience with direct reports in the design space.
- Track record of influencing product and engineering functions to keep user problems top-of-mind and invest in holistic, future-friendly solutions.
- Creating, and executing on, shared design systems serving multiple teams and products.
- Experience setting up end-to-end design processes, such as user feedback sessions, design critiques,presentation to program sponsors, planning and coordinating with partners where needed .
- An online portfolio with examples of product design and process.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- You want to make an impact and take on big complex issues.
- Experience with e-commerce and logistics a plus.
what you value
- You love working with beautiful products and amazing brands.
- You’re “On it!” There is no task too big or small.
- Variety is the spice of your life.
- You transform ambiguity into clear objectives and requirements.
- You live design but speak sales, engineering, strategy and brand fluently.
- You leave no stone unturned in your search for answers.
- You arrive with a point-of-view and seek to leave with new perspectives.
- Your to-do list is a piece of art. You have an eye for detail and obsession with craft.
We're on a mission to simplify the everyday lives of consumers. We believe post-purchase is a critical phase of the customer journey and that's why we created Narvar - a platform focused on driving customer loyalty through seamless post-purchase experiences that allow retailers to retain, engage, and delight customers. If you've ever bought something online, there's a good chance you've used our platform!
From the hottest new direct-to-consumer companies to retail’s most renowned brands, Narvar works with Patagonia, GameStop, Neiman Marcus, Sonos, Nike and 1200+ other brands. Through the pandemic we have pivoted and embraced a fully remote workforce where together we've served over 500 million consumers worldwide, processing 8+ billion orders last year alone over 40+ countries and across 50+ languages.
Pioneering the post-purchase movement means navigating into the unknown. Our team thrives on this sense of adventure while nurturing a mindset of innovation. We're a home for big hearts and we leave our egos at the door. We work hard but we always make time to celebrate our wins. We’ve been recognized by Fast Company numerous times as one of the most innovative companies in the world – for social good to logistics optimization. You can feel good knowing you’re working towards changing the world! Join us on our mission.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.