The Motley Fool Money Management is looking for a talented Freelance Front-end Developer with proficiency in HubSpot and React and an understanding of coding for websites, templates and emails. The selected candidate will work on two key projects, involving email template optimization within HubSpot and the conversion of the Fool Wealth website into React components. We’re anticipating roughly 10 hours per week of work for at least 8-10 weeks, with a high likelihood of contract extension to pursue other projects as needs arise.
This role is flexible and 100% remote, but candidates MUST reside in the United States to be considered.
Who are we?
We are The Motley Fool, a purpose-driven financial information and services firm with more than 30 years of experience focused on making the world smarter, happier, and richer. But what does that even mean?! It means we’re helping Fools (always with a capital “F”) demystify the world of finance, beat the stock market, and achieve personal wealth and happiness through our products and services.
The Motley Fool is firmly committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity. We are a motley group of overachievers that have built a culture of trust founded on Foolishness, fun, and a commitment to making the world smarter, happier and richer. However you identify or whatever winding road has led you to us, please don't hesitate to apply if the description above leaves you thinking, "Hey! I could do that!"
What does this team do?
Motley Fool Money Management houses two related businesses.
Motley Fool Wealth Management offers financial planning and wealth management to high-net-worth and emerging high-net-worth individuals.
Motley Fool Asset Management offers a suite of 6 ETFs that provides investors with convenient products that can power their stock portfolios without the pressure of making individual stock picks on their own. Each ETF gives shareholders access to the Foolish high conviction, buy and hold strategy, whether it’s one of our Active ETFs powered by the research and experience of our Portfolio Managers or our Passive ETFs that tracks indexes comprised of the highest scoring investment ideas from the analysts at The Motley Fool LLC.
What would you do in this role?
We are seeking a talented Front-end Developer/Designer with a focus on HubSpot proficiency. The selected candidate will work on two key projects, involving email template optimization within HubSpot and the conversion of the Fool Wealth website into React components.
But What Would You Actually Do in this role?
Project 1: Email Template Optimization in HubSpot
- Re-create email templates for optimal user experience
- Improve the experience for the team creating emails in HubSpot
- Advise on HubSpot template and module structure
- Build custom or drag-and-drop components based on design prototypes
- Create responsive templates with graceful degradation for various email clients
- Ensure modules/templates are bulletproof and maintain a high standard for long-term reliability
- Project Duration: ~8-10 weeks
Project 2: Fool Wealth Website Conversion to React Components
- Convert the Fool Wealth website into a series of React components
- Address code redundancy and upgrade the foundation
- Complete the project at a high standard for long-term reliability
- Project Duration: Multiple months
- Expertise using and coding within the HubSpot environment
- Ability to create and optimize templates within HubSpot.
- Proven hands-on experience with React, showcasing the ability to create dynamic and efficient user interfaces.
- Comprehensive understanding of the nuanced requirements for effective email design and coding.
- Previous experience in crafting and implementing Design Systems to maintain consistency and scalability in design elements - specifically in HubSpot.
- Meticulous attention to detail coupled with a commitment to maintaining a consistently high standard of quality in all deliverables.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a proactive communication style, ensuring efficient collaboration and project coordination.
- Familiarity with the Storybook app
- Ability to create animations through Lottie or similar tools
Hourly Pay Range
By applying on this site, you acknowledge that The Motley Fool will be collecting the personal data you provide for our recruiting purposes. Please see our Applicant Privacy Notice for additional information about how we process, transfer, and store your data, including where that data is stored, and about any additional privacy rights you may have based on your jurisdiction.