You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you've landed in the right place.
The Hartford is seeking a Full Stack Software Developer to join a large scale, multiyear transformation program team in the Personal Lines IT organization. This team is passionate for technology and strives to build well architected and innovative solutions for the business. This is a software development role using latest technologies and a highly scalable platform. The team has adopted Scaled Agile development Framework (SAFe) and core DevOps engineering practices such as continuous integration, continuous deployment and behavior driven development in the cloud.
- Design and implement a highly available and modular framework to deliver full stack features in a reusable way using an advanced scalable platform.
- Deliver high-quality product based customization constructs to implement these features.
- Collaboratively work with team members to adhere to software development best practices within the industry.
- Work on scaled agile development teams to understand business needs and transform complex requirements into innovative solutions.
- Communicate within a sprint team as well as cross-team for any proposed design or solution while concurrently addressing technical issues and risks in a collaborative manner.
- Oversee technical deliverables for projects through software development life cycle, including validating the completeness of estimates, quality and accuracy of technical designs, build and implementation under direct senior super vision.
- 3+ years of hands on software development experience using modern design patterns to implement innovative solutions.
- Proven experience working effectively with cross-functional teams and independently.
- Strong understanding of OOPS concepts and ability to develop detailed application designs using proven industry best practices/patterns.
- Willingness to learn new product based technologies.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, communications, and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Insurance Policy Administration, Financial Services Administration or Billing Systems design, development and configuration is a plus.
- Knowledge of HTML5, XML, AJAX, JSON, Bootstrap, Angular, SQL in SQL Server/Oracle
- XML technologies knowledge such as SAX, DOM and XSLT is preferred.
- Experience with algorithm implementation and optimization
- Experience working in Agile Projects (Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.)
- Strong focus on clean code and modular fault tolerant design
The listed annualized base pay range is primarily based on analysis of similar positions in the external market. Actual base pay could vary and may be above or below the listed range based on factors including but not limited to performance, proficiency and demonstration of competencies required for the role. The base pay is just one component of The Hartford’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term or annual bonuses, long-term incentives, and on-the-spot recognition. The annualized base pay range for this role is:
$80,480 - $120,720
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
Culture & Employee Insights
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Software Engineer - IE08DE