Ollie was born with the mission of improving the lives of pets and pet parents nationwide. We make human-grade pet food, tailored for each dog’s nutritional needs, and deliver directly to our customers’ doors. Through Ollie’s carefully crafted meals and health services for members, dogs can truly live their healthiest, happiest lives.
As a member of our growing team, you’ll take part in a company culture that cares deeply about its work and its team members.
As a Junior Copywriter at Ollie, you will work under the Senior Copywriter to help give our brand its voice and soul. From social content to technical product writing, you will assist in developing compelling and persuasive written content that aligns with Ollie’s brand voice. You will work closely with the Senior Copywriter and creative team to create content for various marketing channels and campaigns. Using creativity and results-driven strategy, you’re passionate about Ollie’s potential to improve the well-being of pets everywhere.
This role is remote and will report directly to the Senior Copywriter.
- Assist in creating copy that compels pet parents to become lifelong members of the Ollie Pack. Must be comfortable and confident in writing direct response oriented content that highlights Ollie’s product and experience benefit to prospects.
- Churn out engaging, high-quality creative work, including drool-worthy content for our social channels, marketing campaigns, website pages, and physical marketing materials.
- Collaborate with the senior copywriter, graphic designers, and marketing team to understand project briefs, target audiences, and objectives to translate them into effective written communication.
- Stay up to date on industry trends, competitors, and target audiences to create informative content that resonates with Ollie’s customers.
- Collaborate with the design team to ensure copy maintains consistency across marketing materials.
- Proofread and edit content to ensure accuracy, grammar, and brand guideline consistency.
- Take on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Experience in both creative and technical copywriting at a growing company
- Obsessed with details and able to adapt your writing style to all business needs
- Degree in english, journalism, marketing, or related field
- Strong research skills and ability to gather information
- Exceptional writing skills, attention to detail, and ability to proofread and edit own work
- Ability to work collaboratively and take constructive feedback from the senior copywriter
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to take on multiple projects and prioritize deadlines
- Competitive salary and a stake in the company
- Sponsored 401k program with employer match up to 4%
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental and vision
- Unlimited vacation policy that you're encouraged to use
- Paid parental leave
- 1-week paw-ternity leave for new dog parents
- Free Ollie subscription
- Inspiring pack members!
If you'd like to stand out, tell us in your cover letter why you're interested in joining Ollie and how your skills match the responsibilities detailed in this posting.
Ollie embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We're committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Ollie is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please include that in your application.