Are you a technically accomplished Senior Developer looking to become a Lead Developer? Interested in working closely with Architecture to define the technical landscape for the future, as well as technically lead the team and inspire? If so, we would love to hear from you! We’re on the look-out for a ‘Can Do’ Lead Developer to join our evolving business as we look towards our group wide digital transformation journey. This is an excellent chance for you to join us on our journey to Cloud Native, as well as to come in and build good habits, clean code, and SOLID products. At the end of it you’ll have helped deliver a brand-new application consisting of modern architecture using cutting edge technologies.
What will you do?
- As our Lead Developer you will be responsible for mentoring, developing and coaching our technical team
- Helping developers succeed on their projects with regular technical 1-to-1’s to drive their progression and to assist with identifying training needs for them to succeed.
- Creating conditions for the project to succeed by identifying and removing technical impediments and participating in strong Backlog and Technical Refinement sessions.
- Helping to define the architecture and guaranteeing the quality of project code by designing the project architecture with stakeholders and establishing quality indicators.
- Performing code reviews and ensures technical documentation is completed and up to date.
- You’ll share knowledge about internal business systems and software development concepts
- You will utilise your high degree of expertise in analysis, programming, data access/retrieval and problem solving in a variety of scenarios
- Working closely with our transformation teams you will support our ‘Northgate’ & ‘Van Monster’ businesses by ensuring development based on business needs.
- Ensuring innovation within the team: cultivated through regular problem solving and creating continuous improvement mindset with the team
What’s in it for you?
Salary- Up to £65,000 per annum, reflecting your experience and specialist knowledge.
Annual leave- 24 days, rising to 26 with length of service. Of course, you’ll have public holidays too and we’ll even help you celebrate with an extra day off for your birthday!
Pension- 5% Employer Contributions.
Financial Benefits- save-as-you-earn scheme, employee referral scheme- earn £1,000 per person you successfully refer, free life assurance and access to our Benefits App offering unlimited access to a huge range of retailer discounts and cashback deals (incl. Tesco, Asda, Currys, B&Q & Wickes to name just a few).
Lifestyle & Wellbeing Benefits- discounted & flexible gym memberships, eye care vouchers, a cycle to work scheme, a 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme with an NHS Approved mental well-being mobile app.
Motoring Benefits- access to an employee vehicle-leasing scheme, discounted vehicle repairs and discounts on weekend vehicle hire and van hire.
Professional Development - We have partnered with Pluralsight to offer you the most relevant content authored by industry expert, giving you access to thousands of courses, skills test and learning paths.
- You’re a technically accomplished Senior Developer looking to become a Lead Developer or existing Lead Developer looking for a new challenge, with knowledge of a wide range of systems, applications and interfaces gained in high-tempo and critical technology operations.
- You will have a proven ability of analysis, design, development, deployment, and support of business application systems, including modular design.
- You’ll have strong interpersonal skills and be an effective communicator, able to engage with people at all levels across the business, building solid relationships.
Redde Northgate is the leading integrated mobility solutions platform providing services across the vehicle lifecycle through our broad mix of operating companies. We support our customers through a network and diversified fleet of over 125,000 owned and leased vehicles, together with over 600,000 managed vehicles. Today we are made up of 6,700 colleagues across 175 sites throughout the UK, Ireland, and Spain, and continue to grow. Our Group IT team are at the heart of our business and key to our success.
Be part of our future
If you would love to join our team as a Lead Developer, we encourage you to find out more by applying today!