Manager, Business and Network Development
Full Job Description
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is actively recruiting a dynamic, high-performing Manager with experience working with primary care physicians to join its Network Development team in Southern California (San Fernando Valley). The Manager will be responsible for managing a client book and proactively reaching out to ensure physician satisfaction/retention while continuously sourcing and closing new business leads. The ideal candidate has a history of bringing on new business and meeting new contract quotas and embraces the challenges that come with outbound prospecting in a competitive market. The Manager will be a crucial member on Optumcare national Business Development team and a key contributor to our dynamic culture.
- Lead and execute on network development initiatives in California, taking ownership over all aspects of the contracted physician pipeline including, due diligence, negotiation, closing, and on-boarding
- Serve as front-facing and highly visible leader for the region; ability to build trusted relationships with independent physicians and regional healthcare leaders that result in new partnership opportunities for the business
- Create detailed business plans to facilitate the attainment of goals and quotas
- Manage the entire sales cycle from finding a client negotiating the affiliate contract and securing a deal
- Develop new sales opportunities through networking and converting them into long term partnerships
- Provide professional after-sales support to enhance the affiliate physicians experience
- Remain in frequent contact with prospects in your assigned geography to understand their needs
- Respond to concerns and resolve issues regarding the affiliate relationship and maintain HCP’s leading reputation
- Negotiate agreements and keep records of sales and data
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of business development or sales experience
- Proven experience as an Account Executive, or in other sales/customer service role
- Knowledge of healthcare market, sales, and negotiating principles
- Presentation skills: comfortable assembling detailed analyses and comprehensive strategic rationale in PowerPoint
- Extremely proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Willingness to travel (up to 60% of the time)
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of relevant healthcare experience (especially in physician group acquisitions or managed care)
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office; knowledge of CRM software (e.g., Salesforce)
- Excellent communication/presentation skills and ability to build relationships
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Management skills: able to drive numerous pieces of work forward simultaneously; able to effectively coach and mentor junior teammates
- Self-starter with the ability to think, work, and problem solve with limited direction
- Personal values in line with Optumcare's values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment & Fun
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate Optumcare's commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care, and concern with every internal and external customer
- Uses protects and discloses Optumcare patients' Protected Health Information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
California Residents Only: The salary range for California residents is $67,800 to $133,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.