The Operations Manager reports to the Director of Operations and is a member of the Operations Team. In this role, you will support the design and implementation of operational systems that help our team deliver services to schools, districts, and states, effectively manage contractor and project data, and provide technical support. You will work closely with the Director of Operations, Chief Operating Officer, and President while also undertaking cross-functional projects that require you to develop strong working relationships with several team members and clients.
A successful candidate will be a team player with a passion for operational work, including building scalable, efficient systems and processes, and will have experience in roles that require fast-paced learning. The ideal candidate is able to work independently on projects, has superior organization skills, and is adept at tackling both small, detail-oriented tasks and implementing large-scale systems by asking insightful questions.
This position can be based from a home office anywhere in the U.S. Depending on location, expected travel time is 25 - 30% for onsite project work (training, coaching or leading strategic planning), company or team retreats, and other events.
Business Operations (40-50%)
- Own the management of contractor and other operational data, ensuring data accuracy, cleanliness, and completeness
- Develop standard operating procedures, work instructions, and resources to support FTE and contractor learning
- Project manage various strategic projects, ensuring task follow-through and progress
- Provide operational and technology support to contractors and FTEs during onboarding and ongoing work (tech assessments, Google admin, etc.)
- Manage contractor payment processes and expense reimbursements, ensuring contractor payments are accurate, and flagging discrepancies or outliers
- Support accounts payable and accounts receivable processes, conducting analyses and elevating trends
- Communicate and coordinate with SchoolKit’s external vendors related to business and project operations, including tech support and contractor data
Project Operations (50-60%)
- Design and implement systems, tools, and templates to manage the logistics of onsite and remote project work, including booking travel and lodging and monitoring onsite trainings
- Provide onsite, virtual, or hybrid operational and/or logistical support on projects as determined by project scope (e.g., tech support coordinating review, printing, and dissemination of instructional materials, scheduling trainings, hotel and travel reservations, maintaining registration and tracking systems etc.)
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with project team members to solve project-based operations challenges
- Participate in and contribute to project team and client-related meetings as appropriate
- Collaborate across departments to collect, organize, analyze, and report on project-related data via Excel, Google Sheets, and other platforms
- Build and maintain templates/forms using FormStack, Google Suite, Formstack (a custom form creation and survey platform), Google Workspace (Google Docs and Google Sheets), and Microsoft 365 products, and others as necessary to support business operations, business development, and client projects
- Guide the work of a small group of contractors
- 5+ years work experience in an operations or operations-focused role that demonstrates an ability to work across departments and workstreams
- Proven ability to organize, prioritize, track, and manage workflow from multiple streams concurrently
- Proven experience working with financial processes, including payroll and accounts payable and receivable
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in K-12 education at a school, district, non-profit, or partner organization is helpful, but not required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for use with a variety of stakeholders
- Intermediate-advanced proficiency in GoogleSheets and Excel (Google Query, complex formulas)
- Proficiency using Zoom
- Proficiency using Google Apps
- Approach the work with a flexible, innovative, and service-oriented perspective
- Tech-savvy and able to develop expertise in new technologies
- Demonstrate superb attention to detail: skilled at identifying, recording, and following up on complex action items and able to think through all necessary steps in realizing a successful project
The starting salary for this position will be between $65,000 - $75,000 and is dependent on experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume and answer the questions in the “Apply Now” section.