Mid-level Software Developer
KBR is looking for a Mid-level Software Developer to support an AWS hosted web application which enables discovery and access of 400M Earth science records from around the world. This team is an established and high performing agile team working in the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology.
- Participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle from user story generation, through design, development, automated testing and operational support
- Develop new feature ideas to meet the ever-evolving needs of our end-users
- Continually help the team grow by sharing new ideas and industry best practices
- Suggest improvements to processes and tools to help the team be more efficient
- Other Duties as assigned
- Riverdale, MD (Remote)
- U.S. citizenship is required. All candidates must be able to pass a National Agency Clearance with Inquires (NACI) screening
- 2 years Experience writing Python 3, Java, C++, or other high-level language
- Experience with test automation or DevOps tools (Bamboo, Jenkins, Nexus, Docker)
- 2 years experience working with development teams in an Agile methodology (preferably SCRUM or SAFe).
- Demonstrated ability in writing and maintaining software development documentation
- Familiarity with the Atlassian tool suite (JIRA for bug tracking, Confluence for collaboration, and preferably Bamboo for continuous integration and delivery).
- Experience with AWS (e.g., ECS, Lambda functions, S3)
- Knowledge of Linux/UNIX OS (Red Hat or CentOS Linux 6 or 7)
- Experience writing scripting languages such as Bash or C-Shell
- 2 years of relevant experience with a BS degree (typically STEM focused - Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics)
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.