People Operations Generalist
Diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging at Two Chairs
Two Chairs is committed to building a culture of inclusivity, belonging, and safety. We center these efforts around open dialogue, employee support, education and advocacy, and culturally-responsive care.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are more than just words to us; they're the principles guiding how we build our business and teams. We encourage interested candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply even if they don't think they meet every criterion of the role. Achieving our mission of building a world where everyone has access to exceptional mental health care starts with creating a workplace that represents people from all identities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Two Chairs is building a world where everyone has access to exceptional mental health care. We’re building a system that’s far easier to navigate and creating experiences for therapists and clients that are centered in relationships, backed by research, and powered by thoughtful technology.
We’ve brought together an exceptional team at the intersection of clinical care, technology, and design to revolutionize how people connect with and receive care. We’re united by our collective personal experiences with the mental health care system and a desire to build a better one for everyone.
About the role
We’re looking for an exceptional People Person to join the Two Chairs People Operations Team! As a member of the People Team, you will play a key role in helping to accelerate our growth and scale by managing sensitive people data, enhancing team engagement, and supporting special projects as the business continues to scale. If you thrive on ownership and working creatively and collaboratively with teammates to curate great employee experiences, this is the role for you!
You'll be responsible for being a vital point of contact for all things People Ops related. In this employee-facing role, you will help to support the broader company in education around company policies, learning and development, be proficient in HR systems to execute payroll, and improve our onboarding, off-boarding, and employee engagement.
Core Areas of Responsibility
- Support People Operations processes and programs [60%]
- Design and lead our onboarding and off-boarding processes and programs
- Liaise with Payroll and across organizational managers to ensure accurate and appropriate documentation and system entry
- Maintain and protect confidential data with discretion, judgment, and professionalism
- Collect, track, and maintain employee data across a variety of systems
- Support a scaling Mission Driven organization [10%]
- Maintain key HR Analytics across Engagement Surveys, Performance Cycles, Learning, and DEI efforts
- Executing additional day-to-day HR operations and tasks as needed [30%]
- Manage all employee inbounds to the HR team in our ticketing system
Impact and Success Indicators
Where you’ll make an impact in the first 90 days:
- Redesign our onboarding program to elevate the employee experience
- Create a payroll audit process to validate a variety of inputs before each payroll run
Where you’ll make an impact in the first year:
- Lead cross-functional onboarding, off-boarding, and role transfer projects and programs
- Update our HRIS data architecture to enable seamless reporting for HR and Finance
- Analyze ticketing system data and create a roadmap of projects to reduce the volume of inbounds while maintaining the employee experience
You’ll be successful if you have:
- Experience in an HR role in a startup or another fast-paced ambiguous environment.
- Understanding of federal and state labor laws
- Ability to work independently, multitask, and drive toward ambitious deadlines
- Thrive and live by operational excellence - you’re able to prioritize across many stakeholders without dropping the ball
- A team-centered mentality and collaborative working style
- Strong analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
- A thoughtful empathetic approach remaining flexible and open to change paired with a low ego
- An innate ability to think on your feet but are comfortable asking for support
- Impeccable personal integrity and sound and accurate judgment
Compensation & Benefits
We offer perks and benefits that support the health and well-being of our teams, including:
- Equity in a high-growth start-up
- PTO program, including a Winter Office Closing: Christmas Day (Observed) through New Year's Day
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- One-time $200 Work from Home reimbursement
- Annual $500 professional development stipend to support your professional development
- Annual $500 subsidized company contribution to your healthcare FSA
- Annual $500 wellness stipend to encourage and support a well-rounded and healthy lifestyle
- Paid parental leave