Who We Are
Red Canary was founded to create a world where every organization can make its greatest impact without fear of cyber threats. We’re a cyber security company who protects, supports and empowers organizations to make better security decisions so they can focus on their mission without fear of cyber threats.
The combination of our market-defining technology and expertise prevents breaches every day and sets a new standard for partnership in the industry. We’re united in our commitment to customers and grounded in our values, which earned us a place on the Forbes Best Start-up Employers 2022 list. If our mission resonates with you, let’s talk.
What We Believe In
- Do what’s right for the customer
- Be kind and authentic
- Deliver great quality
- Be relentless
Challenges You Will Solve
The Red Canary product team discovers and delivers products and experiences that our customers love and value! We do this by getting to know our customers and their challenges and by building differentiated, high-quality solutions that meet their needs. Every Product Manager on our team works from shared objectives, is accountable to their outcomes and is empowered to do the right thing for our customers and business in alignment with Red Canary’s company mission and vision.
We are looking for an experienced Principal Product Manager to lead large initiatives for our core platform. Reporting to the Senior Director of Product Management, you will work closely with other Product Managers and partner with a wide variety of team members across the organization to make an impact.
What You'll Do
- Understand our business strategy, identify business and customer opportunities that can change the trajectory of Red Canary’s business.
- Manage your roadmap: prioritize opportunities from a wide range of inputs, understand and prioritize the work so your team is working on the most impactful items.
- Translate large initiatives and problems into opportunities and actionable user stories through frequent interaction with customers and internal stakeholders. You will define and frame those problems for your team.
- Own and maintain the quality of the product areas you and your team are responsible for; deliver innovative world-class software and stellar customer experience with each release.
- Constantly evaluate if your product is meeting the needs of your customers, solving their problems, and delivering on the business opportunity. You use qualitative, quantitative, techniques with customer interviews and experimentation.
- Act as the general manager of your product area; a careful steward of strategy, commercialization, and technical value.
What You'll Bring
- 8+ years of experience in a Product Manager role.
- Experience in a B2B, growth stage startup.
- Deep understanding of the security market in general, and specifically in the area of threat detection and response.
- Capability to look beyond stated requirements and generate innovative solutions not immediately apparent.
- Strong communication of product decisions and the rationale behind them, comfortable making decisions without consensus, and can help others make decisions by being persuasive.
- Your entrepreneurial mentality; a self-starter capable of working with little direction.
- Able to execute in a fast paced, high demand environment while balancing multiple priorities and projects
- An understanding of the technical components of complex web applications.
- An understanding of the value of elegance and simplicity in product design.
- Clear communicator, strong listener, and ease/confidence in customer facing situations.
- The ability to distill complex and ambiguous situations into impactful plans for your team.
Targeted base salary: $171,800 - 200,000 + bonus eligibility and equity depending on experience.
- 100% Paid Premiums: Red Canary offers a 100% paid plan option for medical, dental and vision for you and your dependents. No waiting period.
- Health & Wellness - Access to mental health services, Employee Assistance Program and additional programs to incentivize healthy habits.
- Fertility Benefits: All new hires are eligible for benefits as of their first day.
- Flexible Time Off: Take the time you need to recharge including vacation, sick, bereavement, jury duty, and holidays.
- Paid Parental Leave- Full base pay to bond/care for your new child.
- Pre-Tax Plans - Red Canary offers a variety of plans to fit you and your dependent specific needs including FSA, HRA and HSA, with employer funding to offset out of pocket health care expenses.
- Flexible Work Environment- With 60% remote workforce, Canaries can work virtually from almost anywhere in the US.
The application deadline is February 29th, 2024.
Why Red Canary?
Red Canary is where people embody our mission to improve security outcomes for all. People work hard to maintain a culture that encourages authenticity in order to do your best work. Our people are driven and committed to finding the best security outcomes, delivering real and actionable answers, and being transparent along the way.
At Red Canary, we offer a very rich benefits program to our full-time team members so they can focus on their families and improving our customers’ security. For a full list of benefits, please review our Benefits Summary:
Individuals seeking employment at Red Canary are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.