We're looking for a part-time designer to help us iterate and execute to our next stage. This role would start at ~20 hours per week and has the potential to evolve to a full time design position within the next 6 months.
You will be responsible for core product contributions and solving design problems at all levels––whether that means iterating with product and engineering on a new onboarding flow or working with growth or member success to design a new acquisition tool.
Product Design is crucial to realizing both our product vision and providing our members with a delightful, trustworthy experience. We are looking for a creative mind with precise design chops who loves to dig into customer problems and solve them with lightweight but powerful solutions.
You are both a strategic thinker and a tactical doer - eager to roll up your sleeves and do all design work as necessary for both the core product and also to support growth, marketing, and other company initiatives. To thrive in this role, you should possess a unique blend of UX, design, and business savviness with a hunger to learn and improve every day.
What you'll do:
- Create delightful online and offline experiences through simple, elegant, user-focused interfaces.
- Provide design organization through structured and reuse-able components (Figma)
- Drive design from early-stage concepts all the way through final delivery and product launch. You’ll work closely with product management and engineering.
- Quickly and iteratively create user flows, wireframes, prototypes, high fidelity mockups, detailed UX, and visual design specifications.
- Find creative, intuitive, visually appealing solutions to user and business challenges
- Iterate and improve on data-driven design
- 2+ years of product/UX/UI design experience across web and mobile
- Experience using Figma to create prototypes and hi-fidelity designs
- Super Figma skills, an understanding of best design practices, and an instinct for using design to support both brand strategy and product goals
- Experience working with and contributing to digital design systems, style guides, and pattern libraries
- Growth mindset - not afraid to make mistakes, try new things, and keep learning!
- You have the ability to thrive in a highly iterative process that involves listening, adapting, moving fast, talking to users, and constantly collaborating
- Readiness to hustle with a nothing-too-small attitude
- An obsession with design, user empathy, and creative problem-solving
- Some background with designing delightful web experiences for mobile
- Experience in a high-growth company, or a deep desire to join one (potential to convert to full time)
- A deep understanding of UI/UX design principles and best practices across platforms
We believe that clearly defined goals combined with great people, empowerment, and autonomy create the best results. We feel confident that inclusive and diverse teams working on an important cause can accomplish extraordinary things.
Chipper is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.