Whatnot is a livestream shopping platform and marketplace backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, and CapitalG. We’re building the future of ecommerce, bringing together community, shopping and entertainment. We are committed to our values, whether working remotely or from one of our offices. We are building a team that has experience from top tech, retail and payments platforms in the world.
We’re innovating in the fast-paced world of live auctions in categories including sports, fashion, video games, and streetwear. The platform couples rigorous seller vetting with a focus on community to create a welcoming space for buyers and sellers to share their passions with others.
And, we’re growing. Whatnot has been the fastest growing marketplace in the US over the past two years and we’re hiring forward-thinking problem solvers across all functional areas.
📈 Opportunity Size
Retail disruption is one of the largest opportunities in the startup space today. Livestream shopping is taking off around the world – a $300B GMV market in China that’s grown 100% YoY. Whatnot is bringing it to the world through a community-first approach, starting in the U.S. where retail is a $5T market opportunity!
We are looking for intellectually curious, highly motivated product managers who have a passion for using data to inform business strategy, shape product features, and develop machine learning algorithms. You will build partnerships across the company and design scalable solutions to pressing business goals.This role will drive end-to-end initiatives for the entire Data Department with the rest of the company.
- Drive the data organization’s product roadmap, strategy and execution in key areas such as experimentation, machine learning, user-facing analytics, and data infrastructure.
- Define product requirements & work with engineering, machine learning, analytics, and broader team to bring our roadmap to market at lightning speed.
- Manage complex, cross-functional projects originating within the data platform and analytics teams throughout the development lifecycle, from inception through launch.
- Do whatever it takes to ensure the data department is operating effectively, unblock them and make sure they can move at a rapid pace
- Clearly communicate roadmap, progress, and insights to key teams and stakeholders
- Take ownership of any major blocker to the company’s success
- Own the intake process and prioritization within Machine Learning, Data Platforms and Analytics teams.
Curious about who thrives at Whatnot? We’ve found that low ego, a growth mindset, and leaning into action and high impact goes a long way here.
As our first Data Product Manager you should have 3+ years work and 1+ years product management experience, plus:
- Early or late stage startup experience
- Comfort working exceptionally fast in an ambiguous work environment
- Proven track record of using data, user feedback and intuition to drive sound product decisions
- Technical skills and expertise – previous background as a data scientist/analyst/data engineer
- Able to ruthlessly prioritize the most impactful work
- Experience using problem solving and analytical skills to solve business problems
- Strong empathy for customers, particularly data scientists and engineers
- Competitive base salary and stock options
- Unlimited Vacation Policy and Company-wide Holidays (including a spring and winter break)
- Health Insurance options including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short term disability & Long term Disability
- Whatnot covers 99% of employee premium costs, and 75% of dependent care premiums for Medical
- Dental and Vision sponsored 100% by Whatnot for employees and dependents
- Work From Home Support
- Laptop provided by Whatnot and home office setup allowance
- $450 work-from-anywhere quarterly allowance for cell phone and internet
- Care benefits
- $1,350 quarterly allowance on food
- $1,500 quarterly allowance for wellness
- 16 weeks Paid Parental Leave and gradual return to work
- $5,000 annual allowance towards Childcare
- $20,000 lifetime benefit for family planning, such as adoption or fertility expenses
- Professional Development
- $2,000 annual benefit to invest in your professional development
- 401k offering for Traditional and Roth accounts provided by Betterment
- Employer matching contributions of 100% of up to 4% of contributions on base salary
Whatnot is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, parental status, disability status, or any other status protected by local law. We believe that our work is better and our company culture is improved when we encourage, support, and respect the different skills and experiences represented within our workforce.