Proposal Graphic Designer, Sr. Consultant - Remote
Full Job Description
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work. (sm)
The Proposal Graphic Designer, Sr. Consultant will be responsible for conceptualizing, designing, and producing graphics and layouts for proposals and other business needs as required by Proposal Managers, Senior Leadership and clients. This role also will own and manage the proposal response template, and the external vendor relationship related to production work, ensuring that final proposals look professional and polished.
As required, the Proposal Graphic Designer, Sr. Consultant will support the Proposal Manager through the printing, editing, and formatting of all graphics and proposal covers. Must have ability to work under strict deadlines, effectively communicate with fellow employees, schedule/complete multiple tasks, and be flexible and comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Creatively communicate stories, messages, ideas, and processes through illustration
- Provide effective consultation through collaboration with executives and proposal authors to correctly understand and interpret their design needs
- Refine graphic ideas/concepts by integrating solicited feedback, and/or introducing and presenting new ideas/concepts as appropriate
- Manage the proposal response template design according to the RFP requirements and client’s style guide and branding standards
- Manage the graphics review during the proposal production process, working closely with the Proposal Manager to ensure all graphics meet legibility standards
- Manage the proposal graphics database by keeping all files organized
- Contribute to the development of new design concepts, layouts, graphic standards, templates, improved processes, and workflow systems, customized for each client
- Prepare rough drafts and present design ideas as part of a team with writers, editors, executives, etc.
- Knowledge of current design methodologies and business-to-business marketing trends to include social media
- Support the proposal production process as needed
- Assist with special projects as needed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years of graphic design experience
- 3+ years designing and layering graphics for compliant proposal deliverables using Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop) and/or Microsoft 365 (Visio, PowerPoint)
- 3+ years with current industry-leading software and technologies with expert-level experience
- Experience building and managing a graphics library
- Ability to implement a graphics request log and approval workflow
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communications, or comparable degree - combination of relevant experience and/or certification(s) in the design industry will be considered
- Experience with proposal (RFP) or grant development
- Experience writing captions or headlines
- Experience following editorial and graphical style guides
- Knowledge of government or commercial proposals
- Elevated sense of typographical space and proportions
- Pragmatic approach to design with a consistent output
- Proven ability to work under the pressure of long- and short-term deadlines
- Demonstrated record of successfully planning and completing both short- and long-term projects
- Demonstrated collaboration skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Solid conceptual thinker with the ability to translate researched information into visually stimulating and intellectually engaging typography, infographics, process models/diagrams, iconography, and custom illustration(s)
- Ability to interact and communicate clearly with teammates to determine their visual communication needs, ideas, and concepts (from start to finish)
- Ability to organize and carry out complex tasks under tight deadlines
- Ability to travel up to 10% when or if needed
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington residents is $85,000 to $167,300. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.