What’s so interesting about this role?
Grindr connects LGBTQ people with one another and the world. We are the world’s largest social network focused on the LGBTQ community, enabling our users to find and engage with each other and generally express themselves. We are devoted to providing a platform for social interactions for the community and to cultivating a safe and accepting environment where all are welcome and feel a sense of belonging.
Grindr is looking for a driven, organized, and experienced Senior Accountant. who is inspired by a fast-paced environment to help build a strong Controllership function and drive process improvements after our recent IPO. This role is designed for an individual who shows great attention to detail, has solid knowledge of GAAP, and has a strong sense of ownership. We are looking for a team member who is excited to work with cross-functional partners and add value to the organization, to help us scale for the future.
What’s the job?
- Understand business processes to prepare journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations, and maintain all relevant supporting schedules in audit-ready fashion.
- Develop processes and workflows to create and improve existing processes and support growth
- Continue to improve the month end close checklist.
- Prepare flux analyses for assigned areas of the financial statements.
- Liaise with the external auditors, supporting the quarterly reviews and year-end financial statement audit.
- Express professional skepticism to provide business insights and respond to inquiries from senior management.
- Identify and implement ways to shorten the month-end close process by finding efficiencies.
- Identify control gaps and implement controls to create a SOX compliant control environment
- Provide inputs for financial statement footnotes and disclosures
- Assist in technical accounting research.
- Other areas, as assigned
What we'll love about you
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 2-3 years+ of public accounting experience
- CPA required
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and time management skills
- Understanding of financial controls
- Works with a sense of urgency
- Strong sense of ownership
- Detail oriented
We’ll really swoon if you have
- Working knowledge of ERP systems, experience in Oracle Fusion and other Oracle product is a plus
- Resilience, the ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize competing deliverables to hit deadlines
- Technology, Media, or Entertainment industry experience
What you'll love about us
- Mission and Impact: Grindr is the world-leading LGBTQ social networking service. Your role will impact the lives of millions of LGBTQ people around the world
- Remote First: We have satellite offices in LA, NYC, and Chicago, and are remote first across the US and Canada. More than 30% of our employees work outside of cities where we have satellite offices
- Family Insurance: Insurance premium coverage for health, dental, and vision for you and partial coverage for your dependents
- Retirement Savings: Generous 401K plan with 6% match and immediate vest in the US
- Queer-Inclusive Benefits: Industry-leading gender-affirming offerings with up to 90% cost coverage, access to Included Health, monthly stipends for HRT, and more
- Additional Benefits: Flexible vacation policy, monthly stipends for cell phone, internet, wellness, and food, one-time home-office setup stipend, and company-sponsored event
Our mission is to connect queer people with one another and the world. Since launching in 2009, Grindr has grown into the world’s largest social networking app for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. We have millions of daily users who use our location-based technology in almost every country in every corner of the planet.
As a newly public company, we proudly represent a modern LGBTQ lifestyle that’s expanding into new platforms. From social issues to original content, we’re continuing to blaze innovative paths with a meaningful impact for our community. At the heart of our work in this new chapter is a shared set of core values including user obsession, openness and exploration, a bias for action, and strong support of the LGBTQ community. We’re looking to build a team of talented, passionate, and open-minded people who believe in our mission, align with our values, and who are excited to work on a product obsessed with building meaningful connections for its user base.
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer.
Grindr is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, location, and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role will also be eligible for equity and benefits.
Base Pay Range