Senior Backend Engineer (Golang, Contract)
Vinovest's mission is to democratize access to investing in wine, an asset class only available for the ultra wealthy. In order to do this we need an excellent backend developer to help design and improve the services that support our application. We are looking for a contract Senior Backend Engineer who can work autonomously and help support our growing business’s backend services.
This role will be fully remote and part-time. Ability to work near the Pacific time zone (+/- 3 hours) is important since the tech team is currently all on the U.S. West Coast.
What You’ll Do
- Work with our Product and Tech teams to design and implement new features.
- Maintain services written in Go.
- Work with various payment providers, ledger and foreign exchanges.
Who You Are
- At least 5 years of experience in backend development
- At least 1 year of professional Golang experience
- Strong understanding of database concepts and SQL (Postgres preferred)
- Knows good API design
- Test automation, continuous integration and continuous delivery
Nice to Have
If you don't tick every box above, we'd still encourage you to apply. We're building a diverse team whose skills balance and complement one another.