Senior Business Process Analyst
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Business systems, processes and operations:
- Gather and document business requirements, specifications, and needs
- Analyze business process information to identify key issues, trends, and potential root causes that point to improvement opportunities
- Develop process flows support solution implementation using relevant tools and databases
- Conduct and/or support relevant testing to validate processes are working as designed
- Provide input into and/or develop relevant policies, procedures, and/or work tools to support new or updated business processes
- Create and/or oversee processes to gather stakeholder feedback on solution effectiveness
- Utilize stakeholder feedback and/or process performance information to identify potential continuous improvement opportunities
- Business analysis and planning:
- Analyze, review, forecast and trend complex data
- Present analysis and recommendations for operational and business review/planning
- Support short and long-term operational/strategic business activities through research and analysis of data and business processes
- Develop, recommend and implement business solutions through research and analysis of data and business processes
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or health administration or related field or equivalent experience (5+ years in related fields)
- 1+ years of experience basic knowledge of MS SQL management studio and table relationships
- 1+ years of experience as business analyst
- 3+ years of experience in healthcare industry
- Proficient in MS 365 applications
- Demonstrated proficient understanding of transaction or operational process monitoring (e.g., claims processing; eligibility transactions, operational throughput)
- Demonstrated basic understanding of SDLC methodologies
- Demonstrated basic understanding of continuous process improvement tools and techniques
- Demonstrated basic understanding of process management principles and methodologies (e.g., Six Sigma; Lean)
- Master’s degree in business, finance or health administration or related field
- Experience with data analysis tools like Tableau or Power BI
- Experience with data automation tools such Power Automate
- Project management certifications such as scrum master or PMP
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $56,300 to $110,400. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.