The largest global events management platform draws a crowd of interesting accounting and finance operations challenges. We are ready to open the doors to a new and improved business model as live events begin to recover worldwide, and we’re seeking a Sr. GL accountant to join our global team.
We have a strong and talented accounting and finance operations organization with team members in San Francisco, Nashville (USA), Cork (Ireland), and Mendoza (Argentina). We’ve evolved from our pre-IPO days to reliably handle the finance and accounting needs of a global ticketing platform handling billions of dollars of transactions annually.
You will be responsible for maintaining sections within the general ledger for our consolidated business and performing monthly closing procedures to enable high-quality financial reporting. You’ll collaborate closely with your team members in Mendoza, San Francisco, and Cork. You will be part of a team responsible for pursuing process enhancements and automation for the accounting area.
- Perform month-end close procedures for the consolidated ledger including month-end journal entries, accruals calculation, balance sheet reconciliations, and supporting schedules.
- Perform flux analysis (month over month, quarter over quarter, year over year) and provide explanations of the key drivers in an accurate way.
- Be responsible for pursuing automation of the tasks for the accounting area.
- Support relationships and compliance activities of external auditors; assist with audit queries within your areas when necessary for both the global and statutory audits.
- Collaborate in the local statutory requirements in the LATAM and EU/APAC region when necessary.
- Support the Accounting team with various analysis and ad hoc projects
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Accounting degree
- Advanced English level (oral and written skills)
- Experience working in an international environment
- Experience working in processes enhancements and automation
- Enthusiastic, upbeat, and positive with the ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to research discrepancies and solve problems
- Technologically savvy and able to learn new software quickly
- Solid Excel knowledge
- Great analytical skills
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Workday Financials experience
At Eventbrite everyone is invited to be their whole self and we cultivate an environment to make sure that is feasible throughout the entirety of an individual's time at Eventbrite. We are committed to providing competitive, valuable and meaningful benefits and experiences for our employees to ensure we meet them where they are in life.
Cultivating a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where all people are invited and belong is our top priority.
Employees can participate in resource groups and we offer global programming and training throughout the year to support a diverse and inclusive workplace. Read more about our Diversity and Inclusion work for our team, culture, and community.
We offer comprehensive benefits and a wellness package above and beyond standard medical benefits to support our Britelings’ lifestyle.
Eventbrite's global benefit programs are designed to meet you where you are by offering resources and support for your health, well-being, finances, and family. This includes support in a remote environment, wellness allowance, Carrot family planning benefit, Origin Financial Planning service, and other offerings to ease the mind and body like Modern Health and BriteBreaks (generally the first Friday of every month off).
At Eventbrite, we are dedicated to fostering diversity, equity and inclusion. We welcome individuals from all backgrounds, abilities and experiences to apply, and we make employment decisions on the basis of merit. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender reassignment, gender expression, age, marital status, status as a protected veteran, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics, or any other legally protected characteristic.
If, due to a disability, you need an accommodation during any part of the interview process, please let your recruiter know.