This position plays a pivotal role in maintaining the accuracy, integrity, and timeliness of Essentia Health's internal and external Financial Reporting and Disbursement processes. Incumbents’ expertise in consolidations and leadership skills are instrumental in guiding the team and ensuring compliance with relevant accounting standards and regulations. This position is fully remote and reports to the System Director of Finance.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant financial reporting and consolidations experience, with a strong understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Minimum of 5 years proven team leadership experience
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in accounting and financial reporting software systems (ERP)
- MBA in Accounting or Finance
- Certified Public Accountant
- Public accounting audit experience
- Experience in healthcare Accounting and Finance
- Prior Disbursements (Accounts Payable) function supervisory experience
CPA Preferred but not required. No other Licensure/Certifications
Key Financial Reporting Responsibilities
- Oversee the preparation and presentation of accurate and timely financial reports for internal use, including monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Coordinate and lead internal and external audits ensuring a smooth process.
- Prepare various reporting and presentations for Board meetings and rating agencies.
- Ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and other relevant regulations.
- Provide strong leadership and mentorship to Financial Reporting and Disbursements staff fostering a collaborative and high-performance work environment.
- Continuously assess and enhance internal reporting and consolidation processes, streamlining workflows, and implementing best practices to increase efficiency and accuracy.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as Treasury and Financial Planning.
- Recruit, train, and develop team members to achieve their full potential and contribute effectively to the company's success.
- Other projects as assigned.
Key Disbursements Responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for routine processing of vendor invoices and other disbursements.
- Oversee the month-end closing process for accounts payable, reconciling accounts, and providing accurate financial data for reporting purposes.
- Coordinate preparation of annual 1099’s in accordance with federal regulations.
- Assist in recruitment and development of team members.
- Other projects as assigned.
Day Rotation (United States of America)
Shift Start Time
Shift End Time
Effective December 1, 2019: Job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a post-offer assessment, including a urine drug screen, immunization review, proof of required vaccinations, and background check. Essentia Health is committed to maintaining a work environment free from the influence of illegal drugs and alcohol.
Essentia Health EEO:
Essentia Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, sexual identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.