Are you ready to own something big? Automox is turning IT admins into IT heroes by replacing traditional tools with our award winning cloud-native endpoint management platform. Our product works autonomously and so do our teams. We value a ‘one team’ mentality where everyone’s unique skills contribute to an environment that encourages collaboration and ownership. At Automox you’re enabled to do your best work, grow your career, and have an impact that will be noticeable. WE ARE A_TOMOX… all that’s missing is U!
As an SRE Manager, you will lead multiple agile teams to deliver infrastructure and systems that give Automox the competitive advantage! In this role you will have the opportunity to launch, operate, and continue to develop brand new and existing services and applications. You will manage cross-functional teams of software engineers, and be the leader of several engineering initiatives, driving success through your direct and indirect reports and business partners. You have a passion for coaching and mentoring to help individuals grow and provide a great product experience, always looking for opportunities to improve.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Lead and drive significant transformation results for a team of talented SREs.
- Contribute and define key roadmap initiatives as a part of our release planning efforts. Ensure your team understands the global R&D priorities and helps other teams achieve them when necessary.
- Develop and implement SRE practices to ensure the reliability, scalability, and performance of our systems.
- Foster a culture of collaboration between SREs and development teams, leading to seamless integration of SRE practices into the development process.
- Actively work alongside internal stakeholders to manage and prioritize engineering initiatives, infrastructure changes, maintenance, and security. Actively encourage and support your team to collaborate and work across management and organizational boundaries to achieve goals
- Work with program management to track delivery and roll-up of project milestones and performance metrics for status reporting and continuous improvement
- Mentoring, coaching, and motivating them while promoting a positive culture for the success of the organization and our customers. Ensure individual growth for all team members by ensuring they receive mentorship, regular 1:1’s, and quarterly reviews from you and key technical leaders inside the company
- Establish and refine effective agile practices that drive results and create an environment of empowerment and ownership.
- Champion a DevOps culture of shared ownership and collaboration between development and operations teams.
- Building team morale, foster behavior that promotes collaboration, learning, and positivity
- Identify and help resolve conflicts on your team or with other teams
- Identify and manage project issues and risks. Act as focal point for project problem resolution and escalation
- Establish monitoring & operation of production services that promote quality and uptime
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
- 5+ years of hands-on software development
- 3+ years of people leadership experience with SaaS software engineering teams
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, across functions like product, design, and other engineering leads
- You have a deep background with Kubernetes and AWS Managed services, as well as SRE / DevOps best practices that allow you to make difficult tradeoffs decisions.
- Bonus points for experience with distributed systems, microservices, high-scale applications
- Experience establishing CI/CD and devops practices
- Experience coaching engineers on a distributed team, with or without direct reporting responsibility
- Passion for promoting good engineering practices and high quality standards
- Proven track record of launching and scaling new cloud native and web applications
- Experience in use of modern project management tools (Confluence, Jira, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related degree, or equivalent work experience
- Passion for recruiting and hiring strong engineering talent
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic team environment across multiple locations and time zones
$173,000 - $220,000 a year
Base pay is part of a rich total compensation package that includes bonus, equity and benefits. Actual earnings may be less or more depending on a candidate's direct experience, skills, industry knowledge, and location.
Studies have shown that women, people of marginalized genders, and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. We want to encourage you to apply, even if you don't feel like you meet all the requirements. We are more interested in your skills, your experience, and your passion for the work than we are in your specific qualifications.
Automox is the cloud-native IT operations platform for modern organizations. Our award-winning answer to modern IT operations and best-in-class results earned Automox four straight quarters of record growth. We are now trusted by more than 2,500 leading companies and MSPs worldwide, including NASA, Yale, Xerox, Allbirds, and Unicef. It makes it easy to keep every endpoint automatically configured, patched, and secured – anywhere in the world. The future of IT Operations is cloud-native – and right now. Will you join us?
TOTAL REWARDS: Thrive with Us
Beyond the Status Quo
🇺🇸 Work from almost anywhere in the USA***
📈Equity for Full-Time Employees
🏦 401K Match
🏝Flexible PTO, generous sick time policy
👋🏽$20 a month to connect virtually with colleagues
🎓 Unlimited access to Udemy courses
Health & Wellness
🩺 Comprehensive Health Plans with generous employer contributions
🩺100% Company-paid Short Term/Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
🩺 Company HSA Contribution: $100-$150-$200 per month based on tier
🩺 Gender Affirmation Coverage on Cigna Medical Plan (including surgery)
Happiness & Well-Being
🎁 $50 per month Lifestyle Spending Account
💻 Internet Reimbursement - $50/month
🗄 $750 Home office stipend
👨👧👦 $10k Adoption Benefit
🤰🏽Comprehensive Family Planning Covered on Cigna Medical Plan
We are a fully distributed company and have remote workers throughout the United States.
***We are currently not able to hire in California, Seattle area, or New York metro***
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse company. Automox is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any legally protected status.
We are not able to sponsor work visas for this position at this time.