The Senior Payroll Analyst is responsible for processing and reconciling payroll for the United States and Canada. This role partners closely with Accounting & Finance, Benefits, Equity, and Human Resources teams globally to create a best-in-class employee experience. The Senior Payroll Analyst at Workiva will contribute to automation, reporting, and improvement projects.
- Process and review automated and manual payroll inputs for the United States and Canada using Workday and CloudPay
- Review payroll reports each pay period, monthly, quarterly, and at year-end to ensure payments to employees, vendors, and statutory jurisdictions are accurate
- Create and maintain review documents to show accuracy of payroll results, maintain payroll metrics at the end of each period
- Partner cross-functionally with Accounting & Finance, Benefits, Equity, and Human Resources teams in administering payroll activities while delivering top-class service to the function and business
- Identify areas of improvement and opportunities for positive change
- Maintain payroll checklists and audits for accuracy and SOX compliance
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local statutory regulations and company policies
- Work with accounting and finance on reconciliations and payroll reporting needs
- Provide project support and participate in projects to assist with implementations, automation, payroll interfaces, and process improvement
- Address payroll inquiries from employees and third parties in a supportive and timely manner
- Create and maintain payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures as processes change and evolve
- Process and reconcile statutory and third-party payroll payments
What You'll Need
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field
- Experience with Workday
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written command of English, other languages desirable
- Is able to adapt to needs and styles of people from different cultures
- Self-motivated with propensity for action, results, and continuous improvement
- Identifies and resolves issues in a methodical manner with high attention to detail and critical thinking
- Ability to provide support within the team always adopting a proactive mindset
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multitask and manage multiple processes, programs, and procedures simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Experience with multi-national payroll operations desired
- 4+ years of experience in payroll operations, public company preferred
- Multinational payroll experience preferred
Travel Requirements, Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Minimal travel required
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office
How You’ll Be Rewarded:
- Salary range in the US: $79,000.00 - $134,000.00
- A discretionary bonus typically paid annually
- Restricted Stock Units granted at time of hire
- 401(k) match and comprehensive employee benefits package
The salary range represents the low and high end of the salary range for this job in the US. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and other relevant factors.
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Business Employee Resource Groups (Black, Hispanic, Asian, Women, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+), Veterans, Disabilities), Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more about life at Workiva: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/
Learn more about benefits: https://www.workiva.com/careers/benefits
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic. We strongly encourage and welcome people from historically marginalized groups to apply.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email email@example.com.
Workiva supports employees in working where they work best - either from an office or remotely from any location within their country of employment.