Senior Product Designer
Dataquest is an interactive online learning platform for data science. We’re passionate about helping students go from zero to job ready. We help students deeply learn concepts, build projects, work together, and gain the confidence they need to start new careers. Read more about our philosophy here, and read what students think here.
We want to help tens of millions of students worldwide change their lives through data science education, and you’ll play a key role in helping us get there. We’re looking for collaborative and passionate team members, to help us continue to build out our 30+ person remote, global team.
This is a fully remote company and we are open to applications worldwide. You don't have to match all of the listed requirements to apply, we're truly looking for people who can grow along with our diverse and global team.
The Senior Product Designer works to deeply understand Dataquest learners, their pain, and their goals. They then work to design an engaging and differentiated experience that keeps users motivated, and assists in activation, conversion, and retention.
If the senior product designer succeeds, we'll develop higher-quality features that solve real learner pain points. We'll also improve the usability and value of the platform over time.
This is a part-time role (20 hrs/week).
- Collaborate on user research to develop a deep understanding of our learner personas and needs
- Collaborate with product, marketing, and engineering to bring product ideas to life that address learner needs
- Provide designs for the engineering team to develop high-quality product features
- Develop frameworks and systems to guide the long-term vision for product design
- 7+ years of experience in a B2C design role
- Experience with creating and executing user research plans to understand user personas and needs
- Experience with validating product solutions through prototyping and experimentation
- Experience with user-centered design principles and user advocacy
- Experience with responsive design across multiple devices and breakpoints
- Experience with standard design tools (e.g. Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Preference: Experience with designing learning experiences for adults
- 20% - Oversee user research
- 60% - Bring product ideas to life
- 10% - Collaborate with engineering
- 10% - Define design strategy
Dataquest uses an equitable compensation model based on market rate, location, role level, and experience.
Who can apply
Dataquest is a fully remote company, and we are open to applications worldwide.
Future US-based Employees must reside in California, Colorado, Florida, Massachusetts, Nevada, Tennessee, Texas, or Washington DC.
We cannot offer jobs to people in the following places: Afghanistan, Burundi, Central African Republic, Congo Republic, Cuba, Crimea, Democratic Republic of Congo, Eritrea, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Iran, Iraq, Liberia, Libya, Myanmar, North Korea. Papua New Guinea, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Yemen, Zimbabwe
Company at a Glance
- Founded in 2015, CEO Vikas Paruchuri
- 100% Remote, headquarters in the US
- Team size: 20
- Online learning platform that teaches data analysis, machine learning, and programming skills