Senior Product Manager
About Aurora Solar
Are you ready to join the solar revolution? Look no further than Aurora Solar, where we're on a mission to create a solar energy future for all.
A fast-growing Series D company, Aurora is disrupting the clean energy industry and changing the course of history with our award-winning, industry-leading software. This software doesn’t just design millions of solar projects, but it designs a better tomorrow, empowering solar companies to sell, design, and install residential and commercial solar arrays accurately, seamlessly, and at scale.
It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, and we’ve got a stellar team that’s helping us get there. We were named one of “The Best Mid Sized Remote Companies To Work for in 2023” by BuiltIn.com and have been awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, and as we continue to build, we need even more passionate, skilled, and, well, energized people on board.
About the Role
Aurora Solar is looking for mindful and strategic product managers who have a passion for delivering simple, useful, and delightful solutions to complex problems. Our product managers are customer-obsessed product people who are dedicated to bringing the voice of our customers to every table and empowering our organization to solve the most important obstacles for our customers. In this role you will own the solar sales proposals journey, empowering sales reps to seamlessly and efficiently close more deals and providing a valuable and delightful experience to homeowners.
What You’ll Do
- Set a compelling long-term vision for your product area that aligns with the overall top-level product vision
- Set a strategy to achieve that vision that is coherent with the company mission, the larger product and business strategy, the competitive landscape, and market trends
- Take in a range of inputs - data, user research, customer conversations, and internal stakeholder perspectives - then clarify and prioritize problem-focus areas
- Define clear, measurable goals and metrics for your product area that represent success for our users, customers, and business
- Partner with Engineering and Design peers to define, execute on the roadmap and bring impactful products to market
- Partner within and across teams, and contribute to a culture of camaraderie, psychological safety, and workplace satisfaction
What We Value
- Empathy: listens, appreciates, and promotes team members’ perspectives, goals, and opportunities
- Rigor: asks hard questions, uses data critically, validates assumptions, and continuously improves processes
- Outcome orientation: focuses on customer and business results rather than output
- Communication: able to clearly articulate ideas, concerns, and opportunities
- Leadership: able to rally and align a team without formal authority, and influence company management
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
For San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.