Liquibase is the leader in Database DevOps. Downloaded more than a 100 million times, our software enables DevOps teams around the globe to accelerate the software delivery process by automating database updates, security, and governance. We are a nimble, fast-paced, innovative team with the opportunity to make an outsized impact on the business and the industry.
We are looking for a Senior Product Marketing Manager to help define and optimize our go-to-market strategy. Our success will be built around a strong product marketer who deeply understands our customers and our industry and is able to translate this knowledge into GTM strategy. In this role you’ll own positioning and messaging, release marketing, sales enablement, compete, and act as a guide for our marketing engines to generate pipeline and accelerate deal velocity. You’ll work cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, Sales, and Marketing to bring focus to the problems that Liquibase solves and the benefits it provides to those involved in the entire Database DevOps pipeline - developers, database teams, IT/Platform teams, and DevOps Engineers around the world.
The ideal candidate:
- Has experience building and refining compelling positioning and messaging based on product expertise, customer empathy, and industry research
- Understands how to work with and support high-performing sales teams
- Loves to compete and knows how to deliver impactful product differentiation in marketing materials
- Effectively collaborates across marketing functions to empower peers and drive top-level marketing goals
- Data-driven in uncovering key insights and making decisions
- Organized, scrappy, and execution-oriented
- Knowledgeable about DevOps and Databases
- An excellent communicator, writer, and presenter
What you'll do:
- Develop and grow a deep understanding of our products, customers and competition
- Own, define, and optimize product positioning and messaging that differentiates our solutions and resonates with prospects and customers
- Guide our GTM strategy based on our differentiation, product roadmap, and competitive opportunities
- Lead product launches and release efforts
- Support sales with ongoing sales enablement including decks, seller asset creation, objection handling, etc.
- Partner with our Product and Engineering teams to influence product roadmap and create customer feedback loops
- Contribute to our content marketing efforts
- 8+ years of experience in Product Marketing for technical products
- 4+ years of experience in Product Marketing of developer-oriented software/tools
- Experience demonstrating, explaining, or promoting DevOps/developer tools
- Technology expertise is required in 2 or more of the following areas: database management, DevOps workflows, source control, build tools, release deployment automation
- Ability to write strong, effective technical content (white papers, technical briefs, blogs, presentations, etc.) for external audiences with a balance of technical accuracy, strategy, and clear messaging
- Creative thinker, self-motivated, hands-on, and results-oriented
- Strong analytical and communication skills, a natural team player
- Owner mind-set. Eager to work in an agile, start-up environment to hit goals with growth and scalability in mind
Nice to haves:
- Experience marketing DevOps tools to developer and executive audiences
- Experience in a Commercial Open Source company
- Success bringing new products to market
- A Bachelor’s degree OR equivalent experience is required
Perks of life at Liquibase:
- Remote First culture, potential for company-wide in-person gatherings
- Home office allowance for remote workers
- Meaningful equity (US only)
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental benefits - country dependent
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- 401K matching (US only)
- No punks, no jerks culture
- Growth opportunities and ability to move up within the company
We take pride in:
- A transparent and collaborative team environment. We value multiple perspectives and fresh thinking.
- Our entrepreneurial culture. We provide every employee the opportunity to make a meaningful impact.
- Providing the opportunity to work with new technologies and learn from experienced professionals.
- How organizations, large and small, use DevOps to drive developer agility and accelerate software delivery.
Company Overview - We are Liquibase
A career at Liquibase means joining a quickly growing company on the front lines of the DevOps space. Our vision is to be the easiest, safest, and most powerful community-led database change management solution. As companies of all sizes continue to adopt an agile methodology and DevOps practices, there is a growing realization that the database needs to be considered as part of this innovation process.
At Liquibase, we foster a culture rooted in the open-source values of freedom, choice, transparency, and meritocracy. These are not just fashion labels here, but sincere convictions, and you’ll see that reflected in the way we operate daily. We’re caffeinated, collaborative & confident experts, eager to solve the most challenging database CI/CD problems for our customers.
Want to help the software world move faster? You’ve found the right place.
Eligible candidates may be subject to criminal history checks, which will be conducted and used in accordance with applicable local, state, and federal law.