Homeward aims to take the “what ifs” out of homebuying by creating financial products that buyers and sellers use to get certainty and convenience in the real estate market. We’re a fast-paced, remote-first, real estate start-up that partners with agents to offer innovative products and services, helping clients buy with cash, sell with certainty, and time their move — no matter the market. We offer bundled services across offers, Mortgage, and Title, making buying a home more seamless.
Founder and CEO Tim Heyl, a 10-year industry veteran and owner of one of the fastest-growing agent teams in the country, started Homeward in 2018. In fact, he bought our first customer’s home with his own life savings. Today we offer four services -- Buy with Cash, Buy Before You Sell, Sell Before You List, and Backed by Cash, in the 7 states we serve -- Texas, Georgia, Florida, Colorado, Arizona, Oregon, and Washington.
As a remote company, we anchor to our three core values as a collective way to care for each other, represent our work, and reinforce our mission to make homebuying more accessible for all. Those are: The Golden Rule, One Team One Dream, and Calm Focus. Hear from our employees about what our values mean to them.
About the opportunity
Homeward is looking for a Senior Salesforce Developer to join the team responsible for the design, implementation, and success of our Salesforce ecosphere. This person will be responsible for assisting the entire organization in process planning, Salesforce org optimization, and integration fluidity. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who takes pride in ownership of their projects, is able to organize cross-departmental communication, and develop multi-option strategies for problem resolutions.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
In this role, you will
- Work directly with our Product and Engineering Team, members of our BizOps teams team, as well as the organization as whole, to help our customers when buying and selling a new home.
- You’ll join our Salesforce Systems Team team and have an immediate impact on the company and the implementation of our Salesforce.
- Collaborate on projects ranging from 3rd party integrations to development of new business processes that promote efficiency, scalability, and risk mitigation.
- Focus on building the tools to help our Homeward employees succeed at their roles.
- Design, develop, test, document, deploy, and support third-party integrations with Salesforce.
- Work side-by-side our existing Salesforce experts to own Salesforce implementation and architecture planning.
- Work closely with our product team to build integrations & develop processes that scale our operations & sales efforts.
- Focus on improving Salesforce business process.
- Lead and assist with data architecture modeling and refactoring.
What you’ll bring
- 5+ years Salesforce development experience, ideally in a growing business.
- Solid engineering fundamentals including a good understanding of version control, testing, DevOps practices, etc.
- Experience in designing and developing Lightning Web Components (LWC) to enhance the Salesforce user interface and deliver highly functional and responsive user experiences.
- Proficiency in utilizing Salesforce Metadata API for metadata management, deployments, and customization.
- Experience developing RESTful and JSON-based APIs within the Salesforce platform, and experience with GraphQL as a nice to have.
- Proven track record of working cross-functionally with stakeholders to deliver outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results with large-scale, cross-functional teams.
- Understanding of Salesforce’s limitations and knowledge of Salesforce best practices.
- Ability to be flexible, wear many hats, pivot, and enjoy a dynamic environment.
- Strong sense of ownership - we work on tight timelines with high visibility, so it’s paramount that we see things through to completion.
- Ability to analyze and report on “Buy vs. Build” when considering solutions for a given problem.
Pay and benefits
- Compensation range: $130,000 - $150,000
- Remote-first environment (our Headquarters are in Austin, TX)
- Company-wide bonus
- Exciting stock option grant for every full-time employee
- 401(k) employer contribution match
- Health and wellness benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Twenty days of vacation, five sick days, seventeen company holidays, and two floating holidays each year
- Generous paid parental leave of up to 14 weeks
See more about how Homeward takes care of our team by providing a generous package of benefits here.
Value-Driven Employee Experience
THE GOLDEN RULE. It’s simple: Treat others the way we want to be treated. Whether we’re dealing with colleagues or customers, we don’t prioritize money or growth over people, and we practice empathy at every opportunity.
CALM FOCUS. We work in tech and build solutions for real estate. Both are fast-paced and stressful industries. But by focusing on the larger objective rather than rushing from one task to the next, we can create solutions our customers love.
ONE TEAM, ONE DREAM. Big problems require big solutions. We look at our customers’ experiences holistically and recognize that solving them requires collaboration across teams and our three affiliate companies — Homeward, Homeward Mortgage and Homeward Title.