Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
Senior Software Engineer
Tessera Data is looking for an experienced Sr. Software Engineer to join the Tessera Software Engineering Team. The Tessera Software Engineering team is looking for a teammate that is highly collaborative and cares deeply about the mission of our company, is eager to work with a diverse team of engineers and has a quality-focused mindset. (We have a strong preference towards positive, smart, and “can-do” people)
With one of the largest background data resources in the United States, Tessera Data helps consumer reporting agencies and companies make more informed decisions that protect their company, employees, and customers. We are a team of data explorers that thrive in acquiring, processing, and delivering data to solve trust and safety decisions! Join our team and be part of:
- The industry leader in public records data aggregation and data classification/normalization
- A collaborative environment in which you can hone your skills, learn along with your colleagues, and grow professionally
- An environment where your voice matters: Be vocal, we want to hear your ideas
- A fun, creative, cooperative, and multicultural team
We are looking for an experienced and talented Senior Software Engineer to join our Engineering team. To be successful, this individual will work on integrating the acquired background check product into the Tessera ecosystem and will work on turning it into a solid foundation to build a complex identity verification solution.
In this role, the Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for integration of recently acquired background checks solution into Tessera in the near future, working on the data vendor integrations and evolving it into the identity verification platform long-term. The background check solution currently contains several public APIs, public and internal portals, and a handful of microservices.
- Own the product development from ideation, design, implementation, to release
- Collaborate with other engineers and product manager on designing and architecting new systems
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
- Deliver performant, reliable, scalable, and secure code
What you bring:
- 5+ years experience as a software engineer working with .NET
- Experience designing and implementing REST APIs
- Hands-on experience building lambda based applications on AWS
- Experience building CI/CD using Serverless, Cloudformation, Terraform or similar
- Experience building asynchronous processing pipelines using message queuing systems such as AWS SQS/SNS, RabbitMQ, Kafka or similar
- Experience working with both RDBMS and NoSQL data stores such as SQL Server, Postgres, MongoDB
- A strong understanding of microservice architecture infrastructure, inclusive of familiarity with Kubernetes
- A passion for optimizing services for scale and speed
- A great desire to learn, collaborate, improve, and innovate
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to 25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
One of Checkr’s core values is Transparency. To live by that value, we’ve made the decision to disclose salary ranges in all of our job postings. We use geographic cost of labor as an input to develop ranges for our roles and as such, each location where we hire may have a different range. If this role is remote, we have listed the top to the bottom of the possible range, but we will specify the target range for an exact location when you are selected for a recruiting discussion. For more information on our compensation philosophy, see our website.
The salary range for this role is $102,765 to $213,900.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Tessera Data
Tessera Data is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Tessera Data believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Tessera Data also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Tessera Data’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.