LearnWorlds is on a mission to educate. Our powerful all in one platform enables trainers, educators and enterprises to create and offer unique learning experiences. The cloud based e-learning platform offers tailor made solutions, from creating whole e-learning websites to author online courses as well as providing the right tools to sell them on a B2B/B2C function. In this way, Learnworlds aims to offer a holistic online learning experience. A huge emphasis is being given in creating student satisfaction and deep, lasting connections between learners and instructors.
Today, LearnWorlds has c.7000 customers in more than 130 countries with 40% of them coming from the US. Founded in mid 2014, our headquarters are based in Limassol, Cyprus, and we have offices in Athens and Chania, Greece, however over 90% of the 130-member team is fully remote and we plan to increase LearnWorlders and reach 150 full-time employees in 2023 by hiring more international talent across nearby timezones.
Reflective of growing activity in the ed-tech sector, LearnWorlds in 2021 secured a $32m investment from Insight Partners, a world-class VC firm, with a view to boost customer success, accelerate the marketing function and build out the customer base, with a focus on SMBs.
About your role as a Senior Software Engineer:
We are looking for a talented and ambitious Senior Software Engineer with a passion for software development and technology. You will be responsible for further organizing the platform, improving its functionality by implementing new features and having a specialty in building/integrating a payments system. You should be comfortable working in a team environment where you can showcase your expertise but also learn from each other. You are a true champion, enjoying presenting your work with confidence and spirit.
Our platform stack uses multiple technologies such as PHP, Go, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Beanstalk/Kafka, Redis. We are currently using Google Cloud Platform and use services such as Cloud Compute Engine, Kubernetes, BigQuery, Pub/Sub, BigTable, Firebase.
- Be in charge of adding new functionality to our codebase, using our best practices and processes. Be an energetic technical decision maker by making all the necessary suggestions and calls.
- Get involved in various projects such as our Sales engine, Integrations, Analytics and Automations.
- Be in close collaboration with other teams such us our designers, engineers, product managers, sales and operations teams on expanding the application with additional features. You are a true team player, enjoy working with others on multiple projects and sharing your knowledge.
- You will participate in the whole-life cycle of the project. From start to finish, you will communicate the progress and status of the project to other team members.
- We have a scale-up mentality and enjoy getting things done fast and efficiently. We like to hustle, so if being productive, proactive, and pushing code to production sounds up your street, you will feel right at home.
What you’ll bring to the team:
- Proven record of experience in a similar role as a Software Engineer working (ideally) in PHP (5+ years total)
- 2-3 years experience in building/integrating a payments system with Laravel/Symfony/SlimPHP
- Knowledge and experience (modeling and architecture) of a relational database (PostgreSQL) and non-relational (one or more of MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch)
- Solid experience in Software Testing
- Problem solving skills and troubleshooting on existing code
- Excellent communication skills in English & Greek
- Understanding of the scale up mentality
- Be a true collaborator and team player
Nice to have:
- Experience implementing migration strategies from a monolith to services
- Experience with Go, Kubernetes, Docker
- Experience in LMS or e-learning platforms
- Open Source Contributors
- Competitive salary
- Private life and health insurance plan
- 23 days of paid vacation leave per annum from year one
- Fully remote work if you prefer to work from home
- Culture committed to work-life balance and flexible hours for each and every employee.
- Company laptop & monitor
- 3 early summer Fridays
- Personal training budget per year
- Team educational materials and expenses, subject to management approval
- Eligibility for any additional employee benefits that the company may provide in the future
- Work in one of the globally top 5 e-learning courses platform with customers in more than 100 countries
- An opportunity to grow alongside us and shape the look and feel of tomorrow's e-learning
- An entrepreneurial, international, and highly motivated team with a flat hierarchy that will both challenge you and help you reach your highest potential
- Annual company retreats (see the video of our latest retreat).