You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you've landed in the right place.
The Commercial Lines Data Science and Analytics team at The Hartford is moving to the cloud! This migration allows us to modernize and consolidate our Data and Analytics infrastructure and automate workloads so we can continue to provide innovative solutions to our customers’ business problems.
The Hartford's Commercial Lines Data Science & Analytics organization is seeking a Cloud Engineer who has experience in the strategy, design, development and implementation of large-scale projects in the cloud, especially as it pertains to migrating from a legacy, on-premises environment to the AWS Cloud. The role will help to support Testing and Remediation Team and help ensure the safety and continuity of Data Science assets through the migration period.
The Cloud Engineer will partner closely with Data Scientists and Engineers across both the Commercial Lines Data Science teams and other enterprise and cross-functional IT teams to test applications and data stores pre- and post-migration to ensure any potential impacts to Data Science solutions are identified and mitigated. In some cases, mitigation of issues and threats may require refactoring and remediation. Additionally, the Cloud Engineer will work across the Data Science Support team reinforcing the technical capabilities of that team and acting as a trusted advisor to other Data Science teams charged with developing and deploying innovative solutions for our business customers.
- Support the Data Science Support Testing and Remediation team in identifying and executing on strategies to ensure our assets and solutions continue to function appropriately after applications are moved to the cloud
- Support The Hartford's vision for our applications and portfolio by serving as a technical advisor to our colleagues and leadership. Offer best-in-industry oversight to guide data architecture requirements that safeguard the integrity of the environment. Apply these principles to lead the development of standards across our data platforms
- Understand the relationship between the infrastructure, the data, and the business process. Employ knowledge and strong communication skills to disseminate information and provide direction on availability, quality, and completeness of datasets
- Implement high-impact solutions from prototype to production by catering to evolving business needs and working with Big Data in the Cloud that safeguard the integrity of data, assets, and infrastructure
- Monitor and address production issues proactively, own feedback loop to develop process or production solutions that mitigate future risks
- Coordinate activities with cross-functional IT and data stakeholders to develop and implement scalable recovery programs that can be adopted by the Data Science & Analytics group appropriate testing and remediation strategies
- Communicating with both developers and non-technical stakeholders
- Helping to design and implement different components offered by AWS
- Identifying opportunities for current offerings
- Deploying applications in AWS
- Maintaining, testing and implementing recovery procedures
- Building tools for deployment, monitoring and troubleshooting of system resources in AWS environment
- 3+ years of progressive experience working with cloud technologies, AWS strongly preferred
- Experience with testing and data validation
- Strong PYTHON skills
- Working knowledge of Oracle and SQL
- Results oriented with the ability to work independently, and to collaborate across the team with internal and external stakeholders to develop and adjust priorities according to business needs
- Experience with cloud migrations
- Experience working with agile development teams, methodologies and toolsets
- Experience working with and deploying solutions in a MLOPS framework
- Strong verbal and written and communication skills
- Experience in leading and delivering through direct and indirect teams
Nice to Haves:
- Knowledge of insurance claims, operations, medical/healthcare data and analytics
The listed annualized base pay range is primarily based on analysis of similar positions in the external market. Actual base pay could vary and may be above or below the listed range based on factors including but not limited to performance, proficiency and demonstration of competencies required for the role. The base pay is just one component of The Hartford’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term or annual bonuses, long-term incentives, and on-the-spot recognition. The annualized base pay range for this role is:
$130,480 - $195,720Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
Culture & Employee Insights
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Sr Cloud Engineer - IE07NE