You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you've landed in the right place.
The Automation and Application Lifecycle Management Team is searching for a Senior Cloud/DevOps Engineer, focused on Cloudbees Jenkins and uDeploy strategic implementation. The team is accountable for the development, engineering, and deployment of infrastructure, platforms, and applications across on-prem and cloud landscapes. This is a shared services team responsible for automating enterprise-wide infrastructure offerings and enabling DevOps through modern CI/CD practices.
- Provide emerging technology recommendations and assist with creating strategic roadmaps and feature sets to be shared with varying levels of management.
- Provide technical guidance, standards and solutions that align with Enterprise roadmaps and architectural recommendations.
- Partner with the DevOps CoE, Cloud Enablement and Development teams to develop a scalable Cloud Native framework to be leveraged across the application lifecycle.
- Possess the ability to recommend, set, and enforce CI/CD development standards.
- Engineer new capabilities that support the automated build, test, and deployment of applications across The Hartford, with increased focus on cloud technologies.
- Provide guidance for the administration of Cloudbees Jenkins CJP, CI and uDeploy Platforms
- Develop AWS Native CI/CD pipelines that enable development teams to maximize productivity during their feature sprints.
- Provide escalation support to the 24x7 on-call team for complex problems.
- The ideal candidate will have had hands-on development experience with continuous integration and deployment solutions and possess knowledge of industry DevOps tooling such as Jenkins, UDeploy, SonarQube, Nexus, GitHub, OpenShift, Cloud Foundry, Docker and Ansible.
- 3+ years hands on experience with AWS CI/CD Pipeline using AWS CodePipeline, AWS CodeCommit, AWS CodeBuild, and AWS CodeDeploy.
- 3+ years Hands-on experience with Infrastructure as Code, using CloudFormation, Terraform, or other tools.
- 2+ years of hands-on experience of programming/scripting languages such as Python and Java
- Working experience with AWS services like EC2, ECS, EKS and S3.Familiarity with AWS IAM policies, IAM Roles and Security Groups.
- Experience with Jenkins in an Admin role, including installation, HA, Configuration, and Plugin Installation
- Hands-on experience with microservices and distributed application architecture, such as containers, Kubernetes, and/or serverless technology
- AWS Certification(s) such as Solutions Architect Pro, DevOps Engineer Pro, SysOps Admin, Developer Associate.
- Foundational knowledge of RESTFUL API integration is required.
- Comfortable presenting design/recommendations to large groups including all levels of management.
- Strategic thinking skills. Ability to provide options and assess solutions, looking at the business holistically.
- Self-motivated and results-oriented with the ability to work in a team environment and independently.
Remote candidates welcome
The listed annualized base pay range is primarily based on analysis of similar positions in the external market. Actual base pay could vary and may be above or below the listed range based on factors including but not limited to performance, proficiency and demonstration of competencies required for the role. The base pay is just one component of The Hartford’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term or annual bonuses, long-term incentives, and on-the-spot recognition. The annualized base pay range for this role is:
$123,120 - $184,680Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
Culture & Employee Insights
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Senior Staff Software Engineer - IE07HE