You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you’ve landed in the right place.
As a Sr Collections Specialist in the Commercial Operations Billing Organization, you will be a member of a small internal collections team responsible for maximizing recoveries in premium collections prior to referring balances to external collection vendors/attorneys.
The Collection Specialist interacts regularly with personal and commercial line departments (Audit, Service, and Sales) as well as with insureds, agents and third-party vendors.
- Create a Frictionless Customer Experience
- Assignment consist of inbound calls, outbound calls, and emails for insureds with unpaid premium balances.
- Works with agents and field offices to resolve premium disputes.
- Works to resolve disputes with underwriting, premium audit and service
- Determines cost-benefit of pursuing third party collections on unresolved premiums.
- Reviews work queues and other Hartford Systems to determine next appropriate action
- Commercial Lines Insurance experience
- Insurance Collections/Billing experience a plus
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and strong influencing abilities
- Ability to effectively multi-task, prioritize and demonstrate effective workload management of multiple functions
- Ability to use critical thinking and analytical skills to make sound financial decisions
- Demonstrates ability to analyze processes/transactions, identify root causes and recommend solutions
- Flexibility and ability to adjust and succeed in a fast paced environment
- Hours: Monday – Friday 9:30am – 6:00pm EST
For full-time, occasional, part-time or remote positions:
- (1) high speed broadband internet service is required, we do not recommend or support DSL, wireless, Wifi, Hotspots, Fiber without a modem and Satellite;
- (2) Internet provider supplied modem/router/gateway is hardwired to the Hartford issued computer with an ethernet cable; and (
- 3) minimum upload/download speeds of 5Mbps/30Mbps will be required.
The listed annualized base pay range is primarily based on analysis of similar positions in the external market. Actual base pay could vary and may be above or below the listed range based on factors including but not limited to performance, proficiency and demonstration of competencies required for the role.
The base pay is just one component of The Hartford’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include short-term or annual bonuses, long-term incentives, and on-the-spot recognition.
The annualized base pay range for this role is:
- $58,320 – $87,480