Wonolo (Work Now Locally) is disrupting the $140BN temporary staffing industry. Founded in 2014, Wonolo's mission is to help people find consistent work. Through our two-sided tech marketplace, we connect hundreds of businesses in need of front-line workers with 1 million underemployed workers in local markets across the United States, within minutes. Wonolo recently raised $140M in growth funding which will continue to help us empower the in-demand workforce by democratizing access to flexible work, opportunities to learn new skills, a living wage, and comprehensive portable benefits and perks.
We are looking for a Staff Accountant to work with Wonolo’s Finance team. You will be employed by a third-party legal entity authorized to do business in the location in which you reside and you will provide contractual services to Wonolo’s Finance team. You will work collaborate cross-functionally with different teams throughout the organization, provide critical accounting support, and work to enhance operational efficiency. This is a great opportunity to work on large-scale products and lead key architectural initiatives. You will be a big driver in delivering a world-class customer experience.
In this role, you will oversee the efficient and accurate processing of our accounts payable function in addition to general ledger reporting and analysis. Reporting to the Senior Accounting Manager, you will be own key day-to-day operations such as ensuring timely payments to vendors, reconciling invoices, and maintaining accurate financial records. If you are detail-orientated and eager to help our team build scalable and dependable accounting processes and valuable financial reporting, we would love to chat with you!
Our ideal candidate will be a good person who is also committed to doing good work. Are you excited about working with a close-knit team at a mission-driven, US-based technology company? If this is who you are or you can and desperately want to be, please read on!
We welcome qualified candidates located anywhere in the Philippines #LI-Remote.
What you'll do:
- Manage Accounts Payable Operations: Oversee the entire accounts payable process, including invoice processing, payment processing, and vendor management.
- Vendor Relations: Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with vendors, resolving any issues or discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Process Improvement: Identify opportunities to streamline accounting processes, implement best practices, and contribute to the development of efficient workflows.
- Reporting: Generate reports on accounts payable activities, ad-hoc analytical reporting, and assist in month-end financial reporting and analysis.
- Perform month-end and year-end close processes, including general ledger reconciliations, journal entries, and annual financial audit.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Collaborate with other departments to ensure seamless integration and communication regarding accounts payable matters.
Who you are:
- 5+ years of accounting experience, including accounts payable and vendor management
- Analytical mind with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in accounting software and ERP systems; Excel wiz
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate across departments.
- Ability to excel in a dynamic environment, change priorities quickly, and a strong enthusiasm for continuous learning and professional development.
- You demonstrate a substantial commitment to advancing representation and inclusion.
If you have read up to this point, we hope you are excited about this opportunity to work at Wonolo! Even if your experience does not check every bullet point, we still highly encourage you to apply. The best hires do not always check off every box of a job description.
Nice to haves:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field; and/or CPA certification
- Experience working with Bill.com & NetSuite or similar tools.
Benefits and perks:
- The opportunity for growth in a mission-driven and well-funded start-up
- Health insurance for the principal member including dental and vision
- Company laptop
- Paid time off, Holiday pay, and Unpaid time off
- Access to continued learning, unlimited access to Udemy for Business sponsored by Wonolo
- Access to no-cost on-demand mental health support, including counselling, mindfulness and meditation, and well-being courses
- Ability to work from anywhere in the Philippines (no more commutes!)
- Team outings, happy hours, company off-sites, and more!
Wonolo is a two-sided job marketplace that serves over 1 million front-line workers, providing them access to flexible and consistent job opportunities across the United States within minutes, at companies such as Peloton, Coca-Cola, Neiman Marcus, Papa John's, and thousands more.
We are a remote-first company with 200+ full-time employees, and quickly scaling our team within the United States, Canada, and Latin America. We are well-funded and backed by leading investors including Sequoia Capital, Bain Capital, and Leeds Illuminate, among others.
Learn more about us:
Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Equity, and Belonging
Wonolo welcomes you as you and celebrates our collective diversity. We work to serve the underserved, and we are built on the strength of our entire community. We are especially interested in candidates who represent different cultures, perspectives, and backgrounds as these empower our team to come together to make the best decisions and the biggest impact.
Wonolo is an equal-opportunity employer. We work to ensure all people feel supported, empowered, and connected at work. A big part of this effort is through our support for members and allies of Employee Resource Groups such as Whammies of Color and Allies at Wonolo (WoCAW), Women of Wonolo (WoW), Parents of Wonolo (PoW), and People Out at Wonolo and Allies (POWA). Individuals seeking to work at or with Wonolo are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Wonolo Privacy Statement
By providing your personal information and/or submitting your application, you agree that Wonolo may use your personal information for the purposes of carrying out its recruitment and hiring process, which may include, but is not limited to, reviewing your qualifications, verifying your information, communicating with you about the recruitment process, and retaining your personal data as otherwise needed for recruitment-related activities.
Information you provide Wonolo as part of the recruitment process is accessible only to those Wonolo employees and other third-party service providers involved with Wonolo's recruitment, interview, and onboarding process. Wonolo does not disclose your personal information to any third party in a manner that would be considered a sale under applicable laws. By providing your personal information as an applicant for this position or any other position at Wonolo, you agree that your personal data may be transferred and/or disclosed to Wonolo's third-party providers. This may include transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided Wonolo with your personal data.
Wonolo does not accept agency or consulting resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our job postings, email alias, Wonolo employees or any other organization location. Wonolo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.