BlueCat is one of those hidden gems that is disrupting the market as a key player in the rapidly growing space of Adaptive DNS. We harness the power of DNS to provide secure, centralized network infrastructure to some of the world’s biggest brands so that employees can access the computing resources they need, when they need it.
BlueCat has an award-winning culture that is embedded in what we do. We are certified as a Great Place to Work and joining our team would mean that you are part of Canada's Best Workplace in Technology, Best Workplace for Today's Youth and Women, and Best Workplace for Mental Health and Inclusion.
- Determine the needs of end users of technical documentation;
- Talk with Product Managers and Product Developers, and study early product builds;
- Work with UX designers and product developers to ensure that UI text (field labels, error messages, etc.) are meaningful and error-free;
- Get hands-on with the product to ensure accurate documentation;
- Develop customer-facing documentation for new products and features, including content, charts, illustrations, etc.;
- Integrate documentation into product builds;
- Review existing documentation, and recommend edits and reorganization;
- Standardize content across platforms and media;
- Gather usability feedback Collaborate with teams across the company including Customer Success, Marketing, and Learning and Development;
Skills and Experience
- 3 years as a Technical Writer in software development or IT;
- Preferred but not mandatory: University degree or college diploma in English, Communications, Technical Writing or a related field;
- Proficient with DITA-OT, oXygen XML Author, Git and related tools and techniques;
- Familiarity with CSS, HTTP, Javadoc, Markdown, Sphinx, PostMan, and/or Python would be pluses;
- Familiarity with Jira and Confluence would be pluses;
- Networking knowledge/experience would be a plus;
We’ve Got You Covered
Our benefits cover your health, wealth, and wellness—as well as a great work environment, employee programs, and a great company culture. We have a strong culture and live our values every day. We believe in transparency, curiosity, respect, and above all, have fun.
Speaking of a great work environment, here are just a few of the perks for you to enjoy!
- Professional Development Budget
- Wellness Days + Wellness Week
- Lifestyle Spending Account
- Employee Recognition Program
If you’re as excited about the future of our company as we are, we would love to hear from you!
BlueCat is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. BlueCat will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.