Here at Hometap, we’re collaborative, passionate, and always ready to roll up our sleeves to create solutions that help people get more out of homeownership — and out of life. Our first product, a home equity investment, gives homeowners the opportunity to quickly access the equity they’ve built in their home to pay for what’s most important to them, from handling debt to finally making much-needed renovations, without taking on debt.
We work hard, and have some fun along the way, too. You don’t have to take our word for it: The Boston Globe and Comparably have recognized us as a great place to work, and we’ve been honored for our commitment to innovation in the fintech space by Inc., HousingWire, and more!
In case you need any more convincing, we also provide competitive compensation, healthcare coverage, unlimited PTO, a generous share package, and a strong culture with plenty of opportunities for team-building and camaraderie.
Interested in joining us on our mission to make homeownership less stressful and more accessible? We’d love to talk.
Who you are:
We’re looking for a talented and experienced UX Writer to join our team. In this position, you will play a critical role in shaping our user experience through thoughtful use of creative content and product copy. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including designers, product managers, developers, and marketers to create cohesive and engaging user interfaces that resonate with our unique audience personas. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker with an understanding of user-centered design, a strong command of language, and a proven track record of delivering compelling and intuitive user experiences through effective content.
As the voice of our products, you will establish and maintain content standards and guidelines to uphold a best-in-class user experience. You’ll create original ideas and unexpected solutions that uphold Hometap’s personality, while maintaining a consistent and cohesive tone, voice, and messaging across all touchpoints to reinforce our brand identity.
What you’ll do:
- Understand customer goals, business requirements, and technical constraints to craft memorable and actionable experiences that drive product adoption, increase retention, and build brand loyalty
- Work cross-functionally to conceptualize, prototype, and iterate on user interface designs, providing valuable insights and recommendations to improve content clarity and user comprehension
- Participate in design sprints, workshops, and usability testing to gather insights and refine content
- Craft clear, concise, and user-friendly content that guides users through product interactions and ensures a seamless and intuitive user experience
- Establish and maintain content standards and guidelines to ensure a consistent and high-quality user experience
- Advocate for the importance of content in the design process and contribute to design system development
- Ensure that all copy complies with accessibility standards and guidelines
Research & Analysis
- Conduct user research to understand user behavior, needs, and pain points
- Use data and analytics to assess the performance of existing content and iterate on improvements
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices in UX writing
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvement and innovation in the UX writing process
What you’ll bring:
- Proven experience as a UX writer (ideally within an early stage tech environment), with a strong portfolio showcasing your ability to craft user-focused copy that enhances the user experience. It’s a big plus if you also have consumer finance / fintech experience.
- Experience translating complex tech and business concepts into clear and engaging writing with a strong, consistent voice
- Exceptional writing, editing, and communication skills
- Experience working in an agile development environment, supporting the full product development process from vision to launch to iteration
- Familiarity with design tools and collaboration platforms
- Strong understanding of user-centered design principles and methodologies
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented with a keen eye for consistency and quality
Hometap is on a mission to make homeownership less stressful and more accessible. Our home equity investment product provides homeowners with a fast, simple, and straightforward way to access the equity in their home without taking out a loan or having to sell. By investing alongside homeowners, Hometap offers debt-free cash in exchange for a share of their home’s future value — all without any monthly payments or interest over the life of the investment. Through a combination of financial innovation and best-in-class customer service, Hometap enables people to get more from homeownership so they can get more from life.
Hometap believes that our differences are what bring us together, and one of our biggest priorities is creating a diverse workplace that welcomes and values each team member’s unique perspective, background, and ideas. All roles here are filled based solely on candidates’ qualifications and our business needs.
Hometap is based in Boston, but will consider remote work for this position; however, the position must be performed in the United States entirely outside of Colorado.