Who We Are:
Founded in 2018 by engineers from Stanford, Cisco Meraki, and Samsara, Spot AI is the fastest growing Video Intelligence company in the U.S. We are upending the $30 billion video surveillance market with an AI Camera System to help people at work create safer, smarter organizations. In the process, we’re disrupting video security to create a new category of Video Intelligence.
We are experiencing tremendous growth and are deployed at thousands of locations across businesses in 17 different verticals, ranging from local businesses to Fortune 500s. Our customers range from warehousing and healthcare to nonprofits and car washes including, ExtraSpace Storage, WineDirect, YMCA, and Veg Fresh Farms.
We’ve recently raised $40M Series B financing to continue to transform how organizations use their video footage. We’re backed by Scale Venture Partners, Redpoint Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, StepStone Group, and MVP Ventures.
Who You Are:
You’re a self-driven, creative Visual Designer with expertise building highly-crafted, scalable solutions across channels and brand touchpoints. You are an organized self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity and fast timelines. Key responsibilities will include: assisting the Senior Designer in building out templates as we roll out refreshed branding, producing polished ad campaigns, and designing high-performance assets across media including social media, e-mails, web pages and more. You will utilize your stellar design skills to build trust and tell a persuasive story within our brand guidelines. The ideal candidate will be driven to build a brand that our customers (and employees!) love.
**NOTE: This is a 1099 contract role expected to last a duration of at least 18 weeks.
What Excites You:
- Building a brand category that challenges the status quo and cuts through the noise to deliver top performing creative assets.
- Working both independently and collaboratively with Senior Designer, Growth Marketing and cross-functional partners to support revenue and company goals.
- Collaborating with videographers, animators, developers and content coordinators to support our Senior Designer in executing brand vision.
- Thinking and designing across key marketing communication channels from concept to execution for our audiences — all to the required creative standards, specifications and deadlines.
- Designing at a systems level, where components can be reused, built to scale and optimized across screens and devices.
- Designing ads and landing pages for site optimization tests and A/B experiments.
- Iterating quickly and communicating ideas across various levels of fidelity, with the ability to receive and provide feedback constructively.
- Using data, personas, and insights to inform and influence design decisions while balancing creative quality.
- Translating marketing strategy into persuasive ads, campaigns, and storytelling.
- Working on a team without ego.
What Gets Our Attention:
- A master of design tools — fluent with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Figma
- Attention to detail — you master composition, imagery, typography, iconography and color.
- Knowledge of UX standard methodologies.
- Understanding of photography, typography, web and printing techniques
- Solid understanding and application of color theory
- Dynamic portfolio that demonstrates a wide range of ability
- Team-player, hard-working, organized, and goal-oriented
- A high standard of quality, combined with knowing when to be flexible.
- Experience working quickly and efficiently. You keep up with the pace in a startup environment and have the ability to address and prioritize multiple projects at once.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Able to meet deadlines and communicate proactively.
- Bonus points for: expertise in web and/or motion design!
- Minimum of 3+ years experience designing for an in-house creative department or agency. Experience with B2B and a startup environment are preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in Design, Graphic Arts, Advertising or Fine Arts preferred but will accept additional experience in lieu of formal education.
- Pay Rate: $55 - $75 per hour. Offered rate will be based on the offered candidate’s demonstrated attributes and competencies related to the role, as well as the offered candidate’s geographical location within the United States. Your recruiting partner can share more details about the compensation range as it relates to your geography once your interview process has begun.
- This is a 1099 contract role and you must be based in the U.S.A.
- This role is expected to last approximately 18 weeks with the possibility for extension or conversion
What We Value:
We operate under a trio of company values:
- Customer First, Always. We are relentlessly curious about our customer’s goals, and seek the simplest solutions to solve their problems.
- Own Your Outcomes. We bias towards action, move fast, and iterate. Everyone on our team is empowered to make decisions.
- It’s a team effort. We help each other succeed. We leverage each other’s strengths to accomplish big goals together.
And, we are creating and cultivating a diverse and inclusive culture where we celebrate individuals for what they accomplish, no matter who they are! As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Come join our journey!